Thickest gauge ukulele string in the market

1300cc

Reaction score
I want to know the thickest or widest diameter of uke string available, would that be savarez strings?

classical guitar strings

I want to know the thickest or widest diameter of uke string available, would that be savarez strings?
Nope. T2s are thicker.

The nylon strings tend to be thicker than other strings I've tried. Savarez are blends I believe

are savarez any good? never tried them before.

After using T2s for 3years I recently switched to Savarez. So far I really like them. I imagine it is quite a personal thing.

ill check em out. ive very happy with aquila nylguts on my soprano
and red series on my concert. i am however looking for the perfect
baritone strings and im thinking thicker gauge may not be the best
thing for baritone.

Why would you like the thickest string possible..if you have a light build uke, you might damage the neck or so and it is less comfort to play...unless you are thinking
of warming up the tone..also too thick and the C string may start to sound thuddy on a light build uke...good luck.. Salvarez is a low tension string medium guage string...I like them
on light built ukes.. :)

Why would you like the thickest string possible..if you have a light build uke, you might damage the neck or so and it is less comfort to play...unless you are thinking
of warming up the tone..also too thick and the C string may start to sound thuddy on a light build uke...good luck.. Salvarez is a low tension string medium guage string...I like them
on light built ukes.. :)
I have tried Aquila, Fremont, k Middleton, worth and martins. After reading some reviews that savarez has a thicker gauge, it is now my favorite string. But I want to experiment with a little bit more thicker. I have savarez on my soprano, concert and tenor.

Last edited:
i have tried aquila, fremont, k middleton, worth and martins. After reading some reviews that savarez has a thicker gauge, it is now my favorite string. But i want to experiment with a little bit more thicker. I have savarez on my soprano, concert and tenor.

what you did not try oasis...buy a set...are you kidding me....overall they are great...:)

I have tried Aquila, Fremont, k Middleton, worth and martins. After reading some reviews that savarez has a thicker gauge, it is now my favorite string. But I want to experiment with a little bit more thicker. I have savarez on my soprano, concert and tenor.
Depends which Salvarez strings you have, the stock ones or guitar ones... :)

Top Bottom