Jolele from Arkansas

jolele

Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Gotta a banjolele for Christmas and want some info about what kind of strap to get. Don't really want to add a button.

I got a cool mandolin strap. Many small straps are going to be too small for it. I am considering how to modify a strap so I can hook it to the lugs at both ends of the pot, rather than one at the rear of the pot, and the other end at the headstock. Mine has a full resonator an the headstock/pot setup seems out of balance to me. Quite a variety on ebay, just keep an eye on the shortest advertised length, or a different setup than originally designed. A nice 1 1/2" to 2" strap with plastic lug hooks on each end would be great. You can hold the banjo uke and have someone measure an approximate length going from one connect point, around the back of your neck, to the other connecting point. I've also been wondering if a "uke leash" setup could be modified to use lug clips.

Last edited:
Aloha jolele,
Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice.
Happy Strummings Several arkansas members here....Silly Dave has a eatery roadhouse with beverages...I have a friend in Mountain Home.. :) check out and PM lori here..

Howdy Jolele

Congratulations on the banjolele and welcome aboard. On mine, I've simply tied a long ribbon (in my case part of the under-obi dressing for kimono) around the headstock between the upper two and lower two buttons and at the other end around the post of the piece where the strings terminate.
I like the way it looks and it's perfectly functional. Most of my ukuleles have buttons on the big end and have a Martin strap-button dealie at the headstock, but honestly, I kind of like ribbons as straps. One of my Mainlands has ribbon because it matches the rope binding.

Tell us about your banjolele.

Welcome fellow Arkansan! I'm down here in Little Rock!

On to your question: I have put strap buttons on both of my main ukes, and use UkeLeash on three others thanks to their ingenious clip on design, I have the little tethers on the head stock of the others and use the same strap on them.

hope that helps!

Top Bottom