Are endpin jacks standard?

peaceweaver3

Reaction score
When I take the plunge and drill a hole in a uke I love, will I be able to try out different pickups? I'm just wondering at this point whether "one size fits most" and a hole drilled for the endpin jack of, say, a K&K Bigshot, will work to try out similar pickups.

And just out of curiosity, has anyone tried different pickups this way? I know the sound I'm looking for, but suspect it won't be easy to come by...

Thanks!

Crystal

When I take the plunge and drill a hole in a uke I love, will I be able to try out different pickups? I'm just wondering at this point whether "one size fits most" and a hole drilled for the endpin jack of, say, a K&K Bigshot, will work to try out similar pickups.

And just out of curiosity, has anyone tried different pickups this way? I know the sound I'm looking for, but suspect it won't be easy to come by...

Thanks!

Crystal

There are many parts to a pickup system, not just and end pin jack. The jack is not the pickup itself, just the part that accepts the cord. It is not a one size fits all kind of thing and the quality and prices will also vary.
Crystal[/QUOTE]

I realize the jack is not the pickup. I'm talking about the basic parts, if there's no onboard preamp. In that case there's a jack, and there's a pickup. Regardless of the pickup element/s, is the output jack standard?

As to quality variations, I'm aware of that - that's why I want to drill once and possibly try several different pickups.

Top Bottom