USB mixer buying recommendations wanted please

camperman

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade from my simple USB mic set up for recording and I'd like to get a USB mixer.
This mixer will also be used for practice sessions with maybe 3 to 4 mics and/or 3 electric ukes.

I'm very much at the beginner end of the recording chain but I feel I'm getting to grips with the basics

I've been looking at the Behringer Xenyx 1202 but I'm put off because only 4 channels have EQ and I find this to be the case on many similarly spec'd mixers

I've also looked at items from Peavey and Alesis,

Does anyone have any experience, reconsiderations or advice to share please?

Thanks
Ed

Do you have the option of being able to go to a store and listen to some? Unfortunately a lot of recording equipment has a lot of noise in the mix - that is particularly my experience with Behringer.

I prefer to use a simpler recording interface. Even though I have newer ones I still use the Creative EMU 404. Those mixers with the fancy eq look good, but they can be extremely, audibly noisy. Since you are using a computer, you will be using software that can EQ. It's better to record as cleanly as possible and then edit it.

Thanks Katysax
No unfortunately I have nowhere local to try before I buy.
I realise I can EQ in the PC but unless I was multitracking (which is a long way off at my current level) I want to be able to adjust/control the EQ on each individual input channel.
I'd like EQ on each input channel for practice and live as well as recording.

Top Bottom