Blackbird cover

menehunenyc

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you are at all interested, I posted a new video on YT, a cover of Blackbird using Seeso's amazing tabs. Big thanks to Seeso and to Dominator for pointing me in that direction!!Comments good and bad and in between please!!

great job Kevin! you have a backyard in NYC?!? you da man!

Thanks russ for the kind words...

Backyard and everything that goes with it, except a pool, and a lawn, no jacuzzi, no swing sets, but bunches of plants and fruit bearing trees and vines. Its great in the summer to hang out an bbq, play the uke, toss a few beers back, etc. I tell ya Brooklyn rocks!!

:D

One uke student, forty-plus guitar students. :)

Hey, your in Texas, I know someone there who just got laid off and he could use some uke instruction to help him ease his transition to a new job. He used to work in DC until some new guy came in and they let him go, around january 21 or so. I think his last name is Bush. You should look him up and double the number of Uke students you have!!:):)

Hey, your in Texas, I know someone there who just got laid off and he could use some uke instruction to help him ease his transition to a new job. He used to work in DC until some new guy came in and they let him go, around january 21 or so. I think his last name is Bush. You should look him up and double the number of Uke students you have!!:):)

Well, I heard he wasn't laid off ... but the Constitution demanded that he leave his job. ;)

Yeah, he's moving to one of the neighborhoods I teach in. I'll probably just swing by and leave him my card. :D

Well, I heard he wasn't laid off ... but the Constitution demanded that he leave his job. ;)

Yeah, he's moving to one of the neighborhoods I teach in. I'll probably just swing by and leave him my card. :D

Yea, I like to think we (US citizen) booted him. Afterall, we have a mayor in NY who decided he liked being mayor so much that he changed the rules so he could run for an extra term!! Anything is possible if you have the chutzpah (and the money). Good luck!!

That is one very sweet version of Blackbird

Its not easy to do a Beatles song and think that you've added something to it than subtracted. You've done it mate!:shaka::shaka:
Your version is lovely, sweet and adds a wistful touch....the uke is wonderful for adding a different quality to the sound all together isnt it?
Now....the problem... I MUST learn this tune off the tabs posted on this site.
I have played your vid for my husband and now he knows what it SHOULD sound like.
Leave it with me for 6 mths and I might be able to half duplicate your wonderful sound.
Thanks for posting
Janita K

Its not easy to do a Beatles song and think that you've added something to it than subtracted. You've done it mate!:shaka::shaka:
Your version is lovely, sweet and adds a wistful touch....the uke is wonderful for adding a different quality to the sound all together isnt it?
Now....the problem... I MUST learn this tune off the tabs posted on this site.
I have played your vid for my husband and now he knows what it SHOULD sound like.
Leave it with me for 6 mths and I might be able to half duplicate your wonderful sound.
Thanks for posting
Janita K

Wow, thats quite a nice complement from down under, or from any place for that matter. And I doubt it will take you as long as 6 months to learn it. Good luck. And thanks so much!!

Last edited:
Well thank you, I'm thinking maybe the reverb was too much...that I'll repost a version with out the reverb. What do you think?

Ok so I did it.

Well, I'm in a predicament folks. As grateful as I was for all the heartwarming comments and suggestions about the first posting of my version of Blackbird, I was not happy with the 'well' like sound and I felt compelled to re-upload the vid without the reverb effect. And much to my surprise the quality of the sound is so much better that I decided to go ahead and re-post separately, keeping the old one up for comparison. My predicament now is should I take down the first or keep it up, since I recieved a number of positive comments (I really appreciate them and wouldn't want to seem like I didn't). So here it is, give me your ideas as what to do, cause I can't make up my mind. Thanks again to all my UU friends for their support and encouragement. Keep on a Uke'n.

Blackbird II

Very nice! Great playing and vocals.

My only little nits are the too-high reverb (on the original YT) and the extra measure you added to the tune at a few points.

And, you might consider a better backdrop and lighting for your next video. Strong backlighting is not fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom