My New Years Resolution

vct33

Reaction score
I want to participate in at least 35 seasons in 2014. That would be roughly two out of every three seasons. Hopefully I will have a bit more spare time to make it happen.

That will be a big jump up from the 10 out of 28 that I did this year. I know some of you probably hit 100% for 2013.

I would love to see you get into this weeks and get started on it. The new year starts mid week season 98 and I'm hosting. I WANT MY MTV!

I am doing this with you, I need to participate in more seasons.

That's awesome. I hope to see more of us making resolutions here. Participating in this thing as much as I have has already grown me in ways that go way beyond uke skills. And it's fun!

I started Season 84, when I'd been playing barely 4 weeks and knew one song. Thankfully, Season 84 was made for me - "Put Your Best Foot Forward" week. So I did my one song. Season 85 I made a duo video with my brand new "band" (thanks, FiL!) and We Freakin' WON!

Season 86 I was away and took the week off. Several weeks since then I've had better reasons than that for missing, and I have entered every single one. Some weeks I've done two videos. I wrote and video'd two original songs and an original arrangement of a holiday song. I posted a bonus on the Island. I'm about to do another holiday bonus. And then go learn how to do video editing for MTV week. And play some licks, because, you know, I picked a song that needs that. (My current skill level of the moment has rarely influenced my choices as much as might be prudent.)

My resolution should probably be to take some weeks off and get some work done! But instead I will probably be right there alongside you Resolutionaries.

Bring on the New Year! Let's go have some fun.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I made a resolution many a year ago and I'm still holding to it....no more new year resolutions! :)

I gave up making New Year Resolutions several years ago because I was never able to keep them.

To get through to 2015! ;)

Bon Any Nou to you all from Catalonia x x x

My New Years resolution is to continue having fun with the uke.
I never commit myself to every Season 'cos I have the attention span of a gnat and and am easily distracted when I find something ukey that I want to learn on the toob or elsewhere !!
Theres too much ukin' going on everywhere for me to sit still in one place for too long !! Lol

Oh and btw ...............HAPPY NEW YEAR SEASONISTAS !!

Last edited:
I have decided to record as many songs as possible from the TV show Boardwalk Empire
You can join me if you like. There are lots of great songs from the 1920's
You can find a listing here if you ever decide to get inspired

Boardwalk Empire song lists

I reckon my three are gunna be:
Take more pride in my appearance - had a winter beard and let my hair grow out but I looked very unkempt..
See my friends more frequently - as we're all at the age where we've got houses and relationships we're slipping!
And to record one uke video a month (at least one) and I reckon the seasons'll help inspire for that, though I've Mae recorded myself playing before really..
But yeah! Hopefully this year'll be a goodne for y'all!

My real resolution:

This was an awful year for us with multiple tragedies. This year and for as long as I can keep it up I am going to keep it light and have as much fun with life and music as I can get away with.

Top Bottom