Your first-step go-to internet links for a brand-new beginner

Budward

Reaction score
I'm expecting my first ukulele to arrive late next week.

Years ago, I played a little guitar, but not for long. So, I'm really starting from scratch. I've got a couple of books coming, but I'd like to work though some internet sources, too. For now, I don't want anything comprehensive, just some simple starter stuff.

What are your favorite links for:
-Chords
-Picking and strumming
-Care of the instrument
-Simple tunes to learn

Video, blogs, references, you name it...

Welcome to UU.
There are tons of ukulele sites on the interwebz.
However.......since you are already on UU, there is TONS of stuff right here. Check out all of Aldrine's lessons, uke got mails, uke tips, yada, yada.
I promise it will keep you busy.

Happy New Year.

I like Chordie.com to find the "chord sheets" for songs I want to play. You can save your songbook there as well.

Good news today from UPS. It's coming Monday. Mainland mahogany concert. Yee haw!

All right! It's all here. Uke, case, humidifier, snark tuner, and books. My only problem is getting it pried out of my wife's hands. Uh oh, might be buying a second uke sooner than I thought.

Absolutely sign up for the Ukulele Underground learning site (monthly and yearly option). The iPad app is AWESOME!

I would also check out Brett McQueen's site Ukulele Tricks. He offers a free lesson book and some great free online tutorials. There is also a $47/year option to have access to more (which I've done).

One word of advice - when I started a long 5 months ago, I signed up for too much. I don't use it all. From what I evaluated, the above two are the most useful to me. Your mileage may vary. :)

Top Bottom