Tarantella Italiana Arr. John King

TJ Uke

Reaction score
Took a shot at a this arrangement from The Classical Ukulele.

Yeah! The bit from the Mighty Uke bonus material?

Wrecking Ball is impressive as well..

These ukes, Noah, made in Vietnam? Your playing illustrates the good intonation, and nice sound, on these. How are they built? Climate controlled? Sorry if the topic doesn't warrant the question, but it's nice to see someone actually playing a good instrument from a place that has a dubious reputation. Nice to hear more about 'em.

Wrecking Ball is impressive as well..

These ukes, Noah, made in Vietnam? Your playing illustrates the good intonation, and nice sound, on these. How are they built? Climate controlled? Sorry if the topic doesn't warrant the question, but it's nice to see someone actually playing a good instrument from a place that has a dubious reputation. Nice to hear more about 'em.

Yes, they're made in Vietnam... I have to admit I know nothing about how they're made - I just know I like the end product. Matt's really friendly though, if you contact him via his website I'm sure he'd answer any questions.

I'm borrowing this concert for videos, but I know he didn't send me a "ringer". You know, one that was specially set up to be good while the others are nasty and cheaper. He brought a selection of 5 or 6 to my house and choosing which to borrow came down purely to looks.

The part I do know, which is probably an important bit, is that Matt didn't design some instruments and then contract cheap labour in Vietnam. He was working in Vietnam, teaching I think, and found these brothers (I think brothers or at least related somehow) who made instruments like guitar and uke and the skills had been passed down through their family. From there he had the idea of selling their instruments and worked something out with them.

So, pretty cool IMO

Just to add to what TJ Uke has said above, all Noah ukuleles are handmade using all-solid woods in a small climate-controlled workshop by a family of brothers, who have been working as luthiers for many years. I was lucky enough to meet them soon after moving to Vietnam in 2008 and was completely amazed by both the quality of their work, and that such instruments were being made in Vietnam. I decided that, when it came to the time for me to leave Vietnam, I'd like to try to introduce their instruments to UK musicians and so last year I set up Saigon Guitars. At the moment, I have a small range of guitars and ukuleles (under the name Noah) available although the plan is to add more models this year. I'm also happy to receive custom orders, for both guitars and ukuleles. All instruments come with a 1 year warranty. If anyone has any other questions then please feel free to get in touch with me - matt@saigonguitars.com

Matt
http://saigonguitars.com
http://facebook.com/saigonguitars

Top Bottom