Down By The Riverside

Nice, Pa! Say, when did you go to the dark side (banjo uke)? I haven't been able to keep up with the seasons and I think this is the first vid I've seen of you playing the evil thing (just kidding).

John

Additional note: - thanks for that link. Sometimes I forget how much we owe Pete Seeger for preserving some of these songs and artists - it's nice to have the occasional reminder...

John

Nice, Pa! Say, when did you go to the dark side (banjo uke)? I haven't been able to keep up with the seasons and I think this is the first vid I've seen of you playing the evil thing (just kidding).

John

Thanks John.
Done quite a few vids with "the evil thing". I bought it on eBay. It is supposedly from the 1920s but who knows as I been able to find out very little about it. I know it has a lousy method (none) of keeping the tension on the skin. I put a new skin on it and have made some pretty ugly modifications to maintain the skin tension and it is playing much better now.

Agree with what you say about Pete. And he is still going.

Thanks for posting here as well, Pa. :) I saw it on YouTube, but forgot to comment. Great version of a great song. :)

Top Bottom