End Of Year Extravaganza II - Let the fireworks begin!

redpaul1

Reaction score
It's New Year's Eve (Day in Oz) and what better moment than to begin the process of saluting your favourites from Year 2 of the Seasons.

Time Period
Year 2 of the Seasons began with Season 53 way back in February, and will end with Season 104 this February.

Categories
As with last year's Extravaganza, the award will be divided into two main categories: Videos & Performers.

The Video awards will be the same as last year, namely:
Best Overall Performance
Best Duet/Group
Best Original Song
Funniest Video
People's Choice Video of the Year​

In addition to the awards presented in Year I of the Seasons, namely:
Aloha Winner of the Year
Most Improved Player
Most Excellent Host
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons With
Style Award/Player of the Year

there will be two new awards to be made, namely:
Best Newcomer to the Seasons
Rookie of the Year​

For these two categories only, Seasonistas will be welcome to nominate themselves (though everyone else is still perfectly able to nominate a rookie or newbie who's impressed with the cut of their jib). PM me for either or both categories and I'll put you on the list.

For the purposes of EOYE II a 'rookie' is someone who only picked up a uke during year 2 of the Seasons (i.e., since last March). A 'newbie' is a first time participant in Year 2 of the Seasons, of any level of attainment. All 'rookies' will be 'newbies', therefore, but not all 'newbies' will be 'rookies'.

Obviously, these two lists will be created on the honour system, but I have every confidence that they will be self-policing. It's going be quite embarrassing if someone claims to be a rookie/newbie, and then someone else posts a video of them playing a Roy Smeck medley back in Season 12.

Nominating and Seconding
Nominations will be public. Anyone can nominate. However, nominations will need to be seconded. Each nomination can have as many seconds as are willing to second. The top five nominations will make it through to the awards round. For this reason, seconding will be via PM to me.

Rolling Nominations
Even though Year 2 goes through to the middle of February, we're opening nominations now: and, in order that videos posted in the early 'months' of Year II of the Seasons get a fair crack of the whip, over the next 8 weeks, we're going to have a 'rolling nomination' process.

Here's how it's going to work. Over the next 8 weeks, you're going to have the opportunity to nominate in every 'video' category, but you're only going to be able to nominate from sets of seasons at a time.

As the nominations are going to be in groups of 6, I'm restricting you to one (1) nomination, in each category, each week. You get therefore a maximum of eight (8) opportunities to nominate a video for for, say 'Best Overall Performance' (or for any of the other 4 video categories). However, you'll only be able to make one nomination per category per week.

Seconding however will have no time or number limit. You'll be able to second as many nominations as you like up to close of nominations in week 105.

The idea is that we'll be having a 'raft debate', but in reverse. We'll be debating who gets onto the raft. Once the debates are concluded, our raft will conduct our candidates to the hustings, and let voting commence!

For the next 8 weeks, nominations will be restricted to the 'Video' awards. By the time you've participated in nominations for all the Video awards, you'll have a pretty good idea of who you want to nominate in the 'Seasonista' awards (best host, etc).

Timetable
The first set of seasons from which you're invited to nominate candidates for awards will be Seasons 53-58.

Nominations for Seasons 53-58 will remain open until 4th January (the end of Season 98).

In Season 99, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 59-64.
In Season 100, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 65-70.
In Season 101, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 71-76.
In Season 102, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 77-83.
In Season 103, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 84-90.
In Season 104, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 91-97.
In Season 105, you'll be nominating from videos posted in Seasons 98-104.

At the start of each week, I'll open a new nominations page for that set of Seasons. Make your nominations there.

Seasonista Awards Nominations
Nominations in the 'Seasonista' categories will be open during Seasons 105 and 106. As these nominations begin as the rolling nominations for best video draw to a close, nominating, seconding and voting procedureds for these awards will be the same as for last year.

Voting
At the start of Season 107, the short-list of nominees in each category will be announced and voting will take place during Seasons 107-109.

Award Ceremony
Winners will be announced in Season 110, i.e., a year after the first award ceremony.

Thanks
Thanks to all the Seasonistas who've allowed me to bounce ideas off them.

I hope you've been taking notes. I'll be asking questions later :)

Last edited:
Cool, this looks really fun!

Top Bottom