World's Most Expensive Kala KA-S

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My first uke! Got it from MGM for about $45. Played the decal rosette right off mine. So, I guess it's only worth $250 now.

It's that Kala tuner - of the three I've had (all came "free" with ukes) one actually worked. The others didn't, even with new batteries. That means that if this one works it's almost worthy of the Smithsonian!

John

People are going crazy. I've been browsing eBay for starter ukes to use in lessons etc and noticed people have been buying second hand standard Mahalos for up to £35. You can buy them brand new for £18! I guess people don't know what they're buying or get carried away.

OMG, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I guess that's why, despite what we always tell everyone here, buying your first Kala KA-S from Amazon, as I did, may not be such a bad thing. As we now know, it could be worse.

Very, very funny. :)

Last edited:
I guess technically it's 'buyer beware', but it's still depressing that some people apparently have no conscience.

That's as bad as getting low balled when selling. I had a Ohana I've had for a year, like new. I paid $370 for it and I'll I wanted was $250, I thouhgt that was fair for a like new Tenor solid Rosewood Cedar Topped Tenor. I got multiple offers for less than $100. Craigslist is crazy.

That's as bad as getting low balled when selling. I had a Ohana I've had for a year, like new. I paid $370 for it and I'll I wanted was $250, I thought that was fair for a like new Tenor solid Rosewood Cedar Topped Tenor. I got multiple offers for less than $100. Craigslist is crazy.

Greed has no end. I bet the low-ballers would try to resell at $370.

Are those frets made out of actual silver nickles?

OMG, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I guess that's why, despite what we always tell everyone here, buying your first Kala KA-S from Amazon, as I did, may not be such a bad thing. As we now know, it could be worse.

Well, to be fair. A KA-S is selling for $69.99 on amazon currently. ;)

Never ceases to amaze me what people try to sell without doing any homework.

Top Bottom