New Camera

Timbuck

Reaction score
It arrived today...Isaw A2 Ace....I bought it to use on the road when I'm out cycling...It can be used on the car dashboard...Or when I'm skydiving, skiing, surfing, or even skoobie diving...I thought I'd give it a try in the workshop for starters ... it's got a wide angle lense and the quality is quite good...I just placed it on a shelf and let it run. here are the results http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXGAAWQwm0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUZy2EMxIuULsTGoMthfyFvw tomorrow i'll do some experimenting with it's audio after i've had an haircut :)

Last edited:
It works.

As for the haircut, you look like a young Jeff Bridges. Maybe he can play you in the (inevitable) Blockbuster UK luthier bio-pic.

Some say its better than the Go Pro...there are lots of comparison vids on youtube, they all look the same to me:)

Craig Chee, the uke entertainer that sometimes posts here on UU showed me his GoPro. If they are similar, he has an app on his iPhone that lets you control the camera functions from the phone instead of the camera. It's like a remote I guess. Something like that would be great for showing yourself doing procedures in the shop.

Craig Chee, the uke entertainer that sometimes posts here on UU showed me his GoPro. If they are similar, he has an app on his iPhone that lets you control the camera functions from the phone instead of the camera. It's like a remote I guess. Something like that would be great for showing yourself doing procedures in the shop.
I've just checked that out and it dosn't have that feature...Sadly :(....but it dosn't cost as much as the GoPro, and I don't have a mobile phone anyway;)

The way things are going in the UK at the moment (Flood Warnings etc) I maybe will be able to test that feature for you ;)...It's good down to 160 ft

Last edited:
I see on BBC that the bad weather has been hitting gB again. Lots of snow in NY, heat in OZ....... the shots you took from the top left corner were clear in ur shop. Not sure in what format it records, but there are probably friendly options.... for your interesting videos. Music that you add is interesting. May your media production company, your ukulele manufacture and supporting staffmembers remain successfull! Happy 2014!

Cool Ken!

You would make a good reality web show! Id watch.

We briefly thought of setting up a live webcam at the workshop where I used to work in Sydney but the thought of always being on our best behaviour wasn't appealing to 4 guys.

That exactly how it feels Beau...You just stick it on a shelf and let it run and "Big Brother is Whatching You":uhoh:...I can edit out the boring bits later.:)
I just did another test today..I'll show that later tonight.

And here it is :D.... Every time I saw a black line or a fancy wedge on the butt joint of a Uke i often wondered if it was intential ..or just a cover up on a bad join ;)....I used to fit loads of end grafts in my early days but since I started using this method the last 100 or so ukes have been fine...It's not traditional "But it work's for me":D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3COOLKnqPbQ

And here it is :D.... Every time I saw a black line or a fancy wedge on the butt joint of a Uke i often wondered if it was intential ..or just a cover up on a bad join ;)....I used to fit loads of end grafts in my early days but since I started using this method the last 100 or so ukes have been fine...It's not traditional "But it work's for me":D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3COOLKnqPbQ

Nice Ken. What's nice about the 28mm lens is that it gives you a wider view of your shop, makes it more interesting.
We share some similarities on our methods. Next time try overlapping the ends, taping them together and cutting both joints on the bandsaw at once. One cut, one joint. Of course you need to account for the width of the blade kerf. Also, for tape, try the new (Hard to Stick" Scotch green. It'll stick to anything, concrete, wood, etc. It's got a nice stretch to it although not as mooch as the PVC tape. And it's safe on lacquer.
I'm glad the video was only 10 minutes though. The music made me crazy after nine! :) I'll be humming that tune all day.

Chuck Said ...Next time try overlapping the ends, taping them together and cutting both joints on the bandsaw at once. One cut, one joint. Of course you need to account for the width of the blade kerf....Quote
I was going to try that next Chuck...honest ;) ...It's a good idea..I saw a guitar building video a couple of years back where a circular saw automaticly rose from below the jig.. and did the same thing.

Chuck Said ...Next time try overlapping the ends, taping them together and cutting both joints on the bandsaw at once. One cut, one joint. Of course you need to account for the width of the blade kerf....Quote
I was going to try that next Chuck...honest ;) ...It's a good idea..I saw a guitar building video a couple of years back where a circular saw automaticly rose from below the jig.. and did the same thing.

I mark the joint, spread it a 1/16" to allow for the kerf, tape the two together, then cut. I'm working behind the bandsaw though with the teeth facing away from me, and drawing the work toward me so that I can see the cut clearly. It takes a little getting used to working this way on the bandsaw so be careful if you try it.

I mark the joint, spread it a 1/16" to allow for the kerf, tape the two together, then cut. I'm working behind the bandsaw though with the teeth facing away from me, and drawing the work toward me so that I can see the cut clearly. It takes a little getting used to working this way on the bandsaw so be careful if you try it.
Right Chuck I'll give it a go....Next time I'll wear your "T" shirt :D

That method sure looks smart. The camera also seems to perform really well for the light conditions.

The way things are going in the UK at the moment (Flood Warnings etc) I maybe will be able to test that feature for you ;)...It's good down to 160 ft

Crystal clear quality, very nice.

wow. You guys are shmick!

Sometimes I have a 1/4 gap separating the side ends at the butt (to be later covered with the end graft)

And like Chuck said, I really like the wider camera angle.

Top Bottom