Help Identifying Uke.

spiritfighter

Reaction score
So my great grandmother gave me this obviously vintage uke when i was about 5 (I am 20 now). It measures about 21" in length and has an obvious stamp on Guild on the top of it. I still have its original cloth case. I have searched everywhere about Guild ukes and have turned up empty handed. I don't think its a baritone because of its small size. I have had it braced because there were some cracks in the body and it was missing one of its pegs. The obvious replacement peg is the black one. Other than that I have no other information about it.

DSCF0009.jpgDSCF0033.jpgDSCF0011.jpgDSCF0032.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32
I've seen this page. Unfortunately its not the same ukulele as that one. Mine is 10 inches shorter than the baritone. :( thanks though.

Welcome Spiritfighter, and welcome to the twists and turns of vintage ukuleles. It is not uncommon to find a vintage ukulele which has a label or a name that is virtually unknown. Your ukulele is mahogany, and was made on the mainland, not in Hawaii. Likely it was built by Harmony as they built for many resellers as did other companies like Gretsch and Martin. Your ukulele looks like it is better quality than most obscure name ukes. It certainly has higher end original tuners (the white ones) which point to a higher quality overall. The biggest factor is how it sounds...if you like the way it plays and sounds, then you have a winner.

Top Bottom