Devoted to You (Everly Brothers)

Beautiful version - genius multitracking. :)

Very creative. Nice harmony and 'ukeing.

Very well done John. Thank you. They were extraordinary vocalists with flawless phrasing and such impeccable timing as if they were one mind, one heart. They made it seem effortless. That, we all know, takes a lot of work. I don't care how many times I listen, it's always stunningly impressive. I cannot imagine how much Don must be hurting right now.

Here they are in 1986, the year they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

R.I.P. Phil Everly

Last edited:
Thanks, Ray! I agree, and their voices blended so wonderfully! I know they influenced the Beatles and probably Simon and Garfunkel and many others. Thanks for sharing the link. I'll check it out.

Wow, Ray, that was wonderful. Please check out that link everybody!

John,
Really wonderful rendition of a great song. I was in Junior High when the Everly Brothers had their biggest hits. I have always admired them and you did credit to their sound

Ray, that was a ice link. Fairly decent guitar player they had as we'll

Cliff

I just posted the chords in the info section of the video, but I'll post them here as well:

[G] Darling you can [D7] count on [G] me
‘Til the sun dries [D7] up the [G] sea
[C] Until [Bm] then I’ll [Am] always [G] be
De[C]vo- [D7]ted to [G] you

I’ll be yours through [D7] endless [G] time
I’ll adore your [D7] charms sub[G]lime
[C] Guess by [Bm] now you [Am] know that [G] I’m

bridge:
[Am] I’ll never hurt you [Bm] I’ll never [Em] lie
[Am] I’ll never [D7] be un[G]true [G7]
[Am] I’ll never give you [Bm] reason to [Em] cry
[A7] I’d be unhappy if [D7] you were blue

[G] Through the years my [D7] love will [G] grow
Like a river [D7] it will [G] flow
[C] It can’t [Bm] die be[Am]cause I’m [G] so

Aloha and Mahalo for that tribute. Sang Dream by them in 6th grade Kalihi Elem. School talent show back in 1958.

A great tribute to a great duo.

Btw you brother needs to trim his mustache. :)

Beautifully sung and played. Ive just been waiting for the opportunity to do that cartooning:) I loved it!

Thanks, friends! Trim my mustache! I was thinking of growing out my beard again!

Top Bottom