Richard Thompson, Montalvo, Friday, 1/10, 2 tix

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
If you are reading this, you probably already know that Richard Thompson is one of the greatest living guitar players, as well as an exquisite musician and song writer. I love him so much I bought 2 tickets to his upcoming all-request show at Montalvo Arts Center in Saratoga, California. I thought I could wangle a work trip up to the Bay area, but looks like that will not work out. The web page for the show is here.

I would be happy to part with these tickets for $70, below list of $100 ($50 each), to a fellow UUer. The show has been sold out for a while, as have the other two nights of this stand.

No question this will be a fantastic night of live music, even with the 2 extra strings, but Mr. Thompson can use those 6 as well as anyone. Row J in this intimate venue.

That promises to be a great show. One of my favorite venues. Let me think on this... :)

Bump, just in case anyone wants these. Looking for best offer.

Should be a great show. Seems it's sold out almost everywhere. Tried to get tickets for the Ann Arbor show... no go. If I were still living in CA, I'd buy them from you in a heartbeat for what ever you paid for them.

Someone should snag these. I live in Colorado, so I'm out. I saw him about 20 years ago in Boulder. It was great, but I think he's improved over the past 20 years. He's such a fantastic guitarist and songwriter, and I love his voice (although not everyone does). When I saw him, it was on a solo acoustic tour. Someday, I'd love to see him with his band and an electric guitar. He's probably in my top five favorite guitarists of all time, along with Jimmy Page, Brian May, Alex Lifeson and Steve Howe. At least, that's the list today! It changes occasionally.

Someone should snag these. I live in Colorado, so I'm out. I saw him about 20 years ago in Boulder. It was great, but I think he's improved over the past 20 years. He's such a fantastic guitarist and songwriter, and I love his voice (although not everyone does). When I saw him, it was on a solo acoustic tour. Someday, I'd love to see him with his band and an electric guitar. He's probably in my top five favorite guitarists of all time, along with Jimmy Page, Brian May, Alex Lifeson and Steve Howe. At least, that's the list today! It changes occasionally.

My feelings too. I think he has gotten noticeably better over the past decades. It's a little hard to understand, since he has been at such a high level for so long, but I feel like it's true. And yes, RT does burn down the house when he goes electric with a full band.

I agree with you completely, although my list of the top 5 guitar players would be a bit different. It's amazing to me how RT keeps getting better and better, since he is already at such a high level. And yes, he completely smokes on electric with a full band.

He has a Band Camp in NY also. Two of his counselors are the bass player and drummer. Here's a video of him with those guys in a studio session, playing a peach colored stratocaster. !!

My proudest day ever was when I sang one of my songs as a floor spot before Richard came on. As I was coming off and he was coming on he asked me: "Did you write that?" When I confirmed I had he replied: "Bloody great song!" - I almost had a coronary! His Accordion player (at the time) John Kirkpatrick later recorded another of my songs on his album "One Man and his Dog" - second proudest moment, perhaps?

Won't somebody buy these tickets! You will not regret it!

My proudest day ever was when I sang one of my songs as a floor spot before Richard came on. As I was coming off and he was coming on he asked me: "Did you write that?" When I confirmed I had he replied: "Bloody great song!" - I almost had a coronary! His Accordion player (at the time) John Kirkpatrick later recorded another of my songs on his album "One Man and his Dog" - second proudest moment, perhaps?

Won't somebody buy these tickets! You will not regret it!

Holy cow! That is SOOOOOOOO cool!

Top Bottom