FS: Pono MB & Kala SMHTE-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
Need to thin the herd a little. Prices include shipping in the CONUS - I'm happy to ship elsewhere at cost.

1. Pono MB baritone, all solid mahogany. This was a second, though I'm not sure what the "flaw" is supposed to be - possibly the glue join at the bottom where the sides meet, which is slightly raised. I did add another flaw when I accidentally knocked it against something, taking a tiny chip out of the back near the bottom edge. Otherwise it looks and plays great. Currently strung with Aquila Reds, which I think sound great but for my taste are a little too low tension.

Asking $250 shipped. I have a nice UkeCrazy hard foam case that I could add in for an extra $25, but the headstock of the Pono is just about touching the edge - I don't know if that's a problem or not but wanted to be clear about it.

2. Kala SMHTE-C all solid mahogany tenor cutaway with pickup. This one is in excellent condition with only minor signs of use. Sounds great acoustic - plugged in it sounds okay, I'm not too impressed with the quality of the electronics, but it does come through the amp with enough volume (see video to follow).

Asking $225 shipped. For an extra $5 I can include your choice of a basic no-name gigbag (minimal padding) or a Kala deluxe gigbag that has better padding but there are a couple small tears (or near-tears) in the fabric alongside the zipper, and the zipper catches now and then - it's kind of annoying but if you can put up with it it's a decent bag.

I will post some more photos and videos shortly. Please excuse the poor quality of some of the pics - my good camera is currently vacationing in Germany.

ukes2.jpg

Here's the Pono. Note that the case in the pic is not the optional UkeCrazy case for this sale (it's an old pic with a case I no longer have). In the video I tried to show a closeup of both the ding and the seam.

newpono1.jpgpono4.jpgpono2 copy.jpgpono headstock.jpgnewpono ding2.jpg

There is always temptation when you look at these threads. Where does it all stop?
I must resist....

Somebody will come along seonachan, nice ukes.

that Pono baritone is so tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom