PDA

View Full Version : new aquila product 2014 and low G red series

mimmo
01-05-2014, 06:05 AM
Hello to everyone,
I am happy to anounce that at the NAMM show we and Kala Brand Ukulele will launch the follow new Aquila products:

!) Supernylgut uke strings
pretty new: natural pearl coloured. the set up in tune very very fast ( this still is a nylgut & New Nylgut problem); ths surface of such Supernylgut strings is very smooth like you used some vax on them; they are strongest than before under tension. The old stock strings will be always available, of course

2) Thunder Red strings: made for Kala U bass or similar instruments: our traditional Thundergut u bass strings with copper powder infuse in the rubber. powerful! They are red colour.

Red series single low G. This is my personal... obsession: may ask you, guys, expecially those of you that are unhappy, upset etc because they still broken all the time to send me UU? I would like to send you some free of these newest red low G single just to see which is your opinion

Happy new years from the rainy Italy
Mimmo

Osprey
01-05-2014, 06:10 AM
I plan to try the low G red series on my tenor next string change. I appreciate the effort you are making to improve your strings
Cliff

mimmo
01-05-2014, 06:14 AM
This is always an hard job. however I am happy to try all the time to do my best.
Are you one that has broken low G reds? send me UU
Thanks
Mimmo

Osprey
01-05-2014, 06:22 AM
Thanks but no I am a beginner ukulele player. I still have the Aquila Nyguts that came on my Kala when I bought it
Cliff

iamesperambient
01-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Hello to everyone,
I am happy to anounce that at the NAMM show we and Kala Brand Ukulele will launch the follow new Aquila products:

!) Supernylgut uke strings
pretty new: natural pearl coloured. the set up in tune very very fast ( this still is a nylgut & New Nylgut problem); ths surface of such Supernylgut strings is very smooth like you used some vax on them; they are strongest than before under tension. The old stock strings will be always available, of course

2) Thunder Red strings: made for Kala U bass or similar instruments: our traditional Thundergut u bass strings with copper powder infuse in the rubber. powerful! They are red colour.

Red series single low G. This is my personal... obsession: may ask you, guys, expecially those of you that are unhappy, upset etc because they still broken all the time to send me UU? I would like to send you some free of these newest red low G single just to see which is your opinion

Mimmo

I am very happy with the red series high G on my concert uke i installed them this past july and their still sounding great and no breaks, i would like to try the low G red series soon though.

Macmuse
01-05-2014, 06:54 AM

Mimmo

I've sent you a PM regarding my experience with the all red, low G on one of my tenors.

and Happy New Year to you as well Mimmo. :)

I haven't tried them on one of my concerts yet but I love them on my soprano. The red really stands out for sound and looks on a Kala lacewood. I think they just look great paired with a spruce top in general. As others have noted, no snapping/breakage on my soprano. Have had them on there since they were first available as a set last year sometime.

Tim Mullins
01-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Hi Mimmo,

I don't use low-G, but I'm very curious to try the new Supernylgut strings if you want feedback on those!

Happy New Year,

UkeKiddinMe
01-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Mimmo - this is great news. I think there are many folks here who enjoyed the sound and feel of the Reds and would love to try again.

Keep innovating.

Frank

dav_9
02-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Any news when these will become available and where we can purchase them?

Khopp
10-21-2014, 03:52 AM
I added two comments to this subject to an older thread as I didnīt see this one.

Please refer to:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?66251-Aquila-Red-Series-unwound-low-G-strings/page8&highlight=Aquila+Series+unwound+strings