new aquila product 2014 and low G red series

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
Hello to everyone,
I am happy to anounce that at the NAMM show we and Kala Brand Ukulele will launch the follow new Aquila products:

!) Supernylgut uke strings
pretty new: natural pearl coloured. the set up in tune very very fast ( this still is a nylgut & New Nylgut problem); ths surface of such Supernylgut strings is very smooth like you used some vax on them; they are strongest than before under tension. The old stock strings will be always available, of course

2) Thunder Red strings: made for Kala U bass or similar instruments: our traditional Thundergut u bass strings with copper powder infuse in the rubber. powerful! They are red colour.

Red series single low G. This is my personal... obsession: may ask you, guys, expecially those of you that are unhappy, upset etc because they still broken all the time to send me UU? I would like to send you some free of these newest red low G single just to see which is your opinion

Happy new years from the rainy Italy
Mimmo

Last edited:
I plan to try the low G red series on my tenor next string change. I appreciate the effort you are making to improve your strings
Cliff

Thanks but no I am a beginner ukulele player. I still have the Aquila Nyguts that came on my Kala when I bought it
Cliff

Hello to everyone,
I am happy to anounce that at the NAMM show we and Kala Brand Ukulele will launch the follow new Aquila products:

!) Supernylgut uke strings
pretty new: natural pearl coloured. the set up in tune very very fast ( this still is a nylgut & New Nylgut problem); ths surface of such Supernylgut strings is very smooth like you used some vax on them; they are strongest than before under tension. The old stock strings will be always available, of course

2) Thunder Red strings: made for Kala U bass or similar instruments: our traditional Thundergut u bass strings with copper powder infuse in the rubber. powerful! They are red colour.

Red series single low G. This is my personal... obsession: may ask you, guys, expecially those of you that are unhappy, upset etc because they still broken all the time to send me UU? I would like to send you some free of these newest red low G single just to see which is your opinion

Mimmo

I am very happy with the red series high G on my concert uke i installed them this past july and their still sounding great and no breaks, i would like to try the low G red series soon though.

Mimmo

I've sent you a PM regarding my experience with the all red, low G on one of my tenors.

and Happy New Year to you as well Mimmo. :)

I haven't tried them on one of my concerts yet but I love them on my soprano. The red really stands out for sound and looks on a Kala lacewood. I think they just look great paired with a spruce top in general. As others have noted, no snapping/breakage on my soprano. Have had them on there since they were first available as a set last year sometime.

Last edited:
Hi Mimmo,

I don't use low-G, but I'm very curious to try the new Supernylgut strings if you want feedback on those!

Happy New Year,

Any news when these will become available and where we can purchase them?

Top Bottom