NOUCD (New Old Ukulele Case Day)!

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
We visited my wife's parents in South Central Pennsylvania over Christmas, and one day we went to an antique mall. One of the stalls had an old hardshell soprano case. All the latches work, and it's in reasonably good condition. It's not as plush on the inside as my Gibson's case, but it's a similar style and quality. I got it for $28, but had to spend another $30 at the UPS store getting it boxed up and sent home. We had too much stuff to be able to fit it into a suitcase to take on the plane. Still, I feel like it was a bargain, since I've seen cases like this sell for as much as $250 on eBay... which I think is nuts, but I guess if I had, say, a Martin 5K with no case, then maybe it would make sense!
Here's a few photos of it next to my Gibson's original case (the one with the orange lining).

IMG_5971.jpgIMG_5972.jpgIMG_5973.jpgIMG_5977.jpg

And a couple more, including one with it's most likely future inhabitant. By the way, the Gibson isn't really that much bigger than the Martin, it's just the way my camera makes things look when one is slightly closer. Oddly, though, the Gibson's case IS quite a bit bigger than the other one.

IMG_5974.jpgIMG_5975.jpgIMG_5976.jpg

Last edited:
what a dream matchup...

Top Bottom