best site to buy strings?

srpompon

Reaction score
i use ebay all time but no WORTH for sale now... where you buy strings?

thanks!!

Ivan

Stringsbymail.com or stringsandbeyond.com

Strings by Mail is great; I've visited their office and they're all very cool, down to earth people that know a LOT.

Elderly is another favorite of mine, for the same reasons as SBM.

www.juststrings.com as well. They have strings for EVERYTHING.

If you can pool your purchases with other players and order several pairs at a time, it often is cheaper to get them from Elderly. Their string prices are lower and their shipping flat rate. For example, for my uke class, am combining orders. In lots of 5, or more, I can get Aquila soprano nylguts for $4.50 with free shipping. If you can beat that, good.

Last edited:
HMS, Strings By Mail, JustStrings.com - the latter is especially good for oddball single guitar strings; for a while that was the only place I could find the Thomastik-Infeld chromium flatwound classical guitar strings that I use on my baritone.

I avoid Elderly unless I'm buying quite a few packages or something else with the strings. Their prices are not bad but their shipping works out pretty high on small purchases.

John

great! i put my first order in stringsbymail.com ... easy...... i hope arribe well.

3 x
Worth Ukulele Clear Fluoro-Carbon Tenor CT 63 inch, Full Set (CT / 63)
$43.50
2 x
Worth Ukulele Clear Fluoro-Carbon Heavy CH 63 inch, Full Set (CH / 63)
$29.00
4 x
Worth Ukulele Clear Fluoro-Carbon Light CL 46 inch, Full Set (CL / 46)
$50.00
---------
Sub-Total:
$122.50
United States Postal Service (International Priority Airmail (usually 7-21 days | 1st Class at destination)):
$9.22
Total:
$131.72

Unequivocally, Elderly Music, with free shipping on orders over $29.

Strings By Mail has, in my experience, the same or higher prices than Elderly, and the shipping is outrageous.

Last edited:
I'll chime in for Elderly as well. I use Worth BF's and love them. I have done business with Elderly for years. Fast delivery, easy transaction. Bought my strings in volume last time, won't need to order again anytime soon! Would love to visit Elderly in person someday.

Elderly's great and I'll put in a plug for Uke Republic, fast and inexpensive shipping.

Kind of depends on your location to, in the EU my vote goes to lordofthestrings.

Elderly is great if they have what you want. Strings by mail has more custom options, especially for Savarez, which don't seem to be available in custom diameters anywhere else - and I haven't experienced their shipping prices as outrageous? So, the best place has to be first, the place that has what you want/need :)

Top Bottom