FS: Oscar Schmidt OU280SWK - solid Koa Concert

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

Price reduced to $275 w free shipping to CONUS

This is the first Ukulele I purchased as an adult. I bought it from Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, IL.
I didn't know anything about these instruments at the time I purchased it. I just fell in love with the inlays and gleam of this ukulele.
As it turns out, this OU280SWK is the only solid Koa ukulele that Oscar Schmidt sells.
OS ukes generally don't get a lot of love or respect in this community but this one is really rather nice.
I am downsizing the number of instruments in the house and I'm pretty much concentrating on tenor, baritone and guitars.

It comes with the original hard shell case, which has a few small nicks in it but otherwise is in very nice condition. The ukulele has been consistently humidified. No scratches or dings.

Dealer description:
The OU280SWK features a solid top, back and sides of beautiful Hawaiian Koa harvested on the Big Island of Hawaii. This gloss instrument features a 19 fret ebony fingerboard with dramatic abalone vine inlay, head stock logo, rosette, top binding and back strip inlay. Gold Grover mini-rotomatic deluxe GH305 tuners complement the Koa headstock. A bone nut and saddle with ebony bridge and Aquila strings supports one of the most resonating ukuleles in this price class.

Butler sells new ones with cases on EBay for $499.

I'm listing it here on Ukulele Underground for $300 with free shipping to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside the US is possible but will cost extra.019.jpg020.jpg024.jpg

Last edited:
Not that the uke is not worth $300, but I had no idea they made a uke that was that expensive.

Not that the uke is not worth $300, but I had no idea they made a uke that was that expensive.

i had no idea they made a solid koa ukulele.

It really is a nice looking and nice sounding instrument. The Aquila nylguts sound very good on it. I think this is a model that Ukulele Mike Lynch uses in a lot of his videos.
It is the only solid Koa uke that OS makes. The back has got an unusual curved shape that, I believe, projects sound better than a lot of the flat back ukes.

Last edited:
John -

I'm interested. Give me a call at 425-238-1568..

thanks...paul in Seattle

Top Bottom