Workshop Diary

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I've lit my workshop with daylight photo-lamps and am taking film throughout the day which I'll post here. If you have any questions for me I won't be publicly commenting but will respond to pms...

that is a smooth looking fret slotter Pete! Nice

I am looking at marketing them... I'm researching the construction and reviewing it. It is so lovely to use, quiet, safe. I'm going to make another one with different parts. Watch this space.

I am looking at marketing them... I'm researching the construction and reviewing it. It is so lovely to use, quiet, safe. I'm going to make another one with different parts. Watch this space.

Well.....of course.

It's ideal for those of you who have a phobia about table saws! (Although it closely resembles one ;))

Not sure WHO, but I've seen a commercially available version of the fret slotting system that's very similar to the one shown. Perhaps someone else will chime in with a link.

Pete, do you ever cut kerfed linings on that fret saw? Seems like it could work just as well for that.

Could be a Luthiers Saw, not just a fret saw. How easy is it to adjust the cut depth?

Never seen a fret saw like mine but there is a company called Bridge City Tools in the US that makes a saw where the blade rises through a hand crank as the table advances. I used this as my inspiration. Not the price. My saw may run at about $250 if I can get the ducks all in a row.

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/tools/jmpv2-jointmaker-pro.html

Thanks, Pete. The Bridge City is what I saw in the past. Watched your video link, too. I'm not surprised the Stu-Mac blade was problematic, I deposited my Stu-Mac fret saw in the garbage after trying it out for the first time.

Top Bottom