Cigar box uke.

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am going to start selling my excess ukes to give others a chance to love them. I thought I would start with this CBU made by Kent Knorr at the NC Ukulele academy. I have had it for a year and have not found the "right" place for it yet. I was going to keep it in the car, too nice. On my desk at work, not getting much work done :). Sitting out on a table, grandkids would trash it (they are under 1.5 years old). So with that said off it goes to the marketplace to see who might enjoy it. I don't know the wood or anything technical except it has a great action and has wonderful sustain. I am putting out a few pics so maybe you can add to the description (woods and such) if you'd like. I want $140.00 shipped CONUS. Anywhere else I would be happy to oblige if you want to work out a deal on shipping. Thanks for looking, Dean

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 106
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 113
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 147
Hi Dean,

Looks real nice. Is that a soprano or concert scale?

-Booli

Called Kent (the maker) and asked. He said soprano scale but he fashioned a longer neck after the banjo necks so that the intonation would be right. Does that help?

Last edited:
Called Kent (the maker) and asked. He said soprano scale but he fashioned a longer neck after the banjo necks so that the intonation would be right. Does that help?

Hi Dean,

Yes and no.

If you would please be so kind as to measure the distance from the nut to the saddle, that will tell us the scale length, and where if might fall in the 'official' size spectrum, even if non-standard scale, it's still an important detail.

If it is concert scale or close to it, then I would be able to consider it. But if it is soprano scale or closer to soprano scale, I will need to pass. I prefer a longer neck.

Thanks,

-Booli

Hey Booli, sorry it took a while to get back to you. Got busy! I measured the nut to saddle and it was 13". I am not sure what that makes it though. Hope that helps. It really does have a great sound :)

Hey Booli, sorry it took a while to get back to you. Got busy! I measured the nut to saddle and it was 13". I am not sure what that makes it though. Hope that helps. It really does have a great sound :)

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the info.

The soprano I have here, (cheapo Mahalo U-30) the scale is 13.75", so I am figuring that the scale on yours is probably soprano.

Unfortunately I have to pass on this one. I have trouble with the closer inter-fret spacing on soprano scale, and it is uncomfortable for me to play, and thus the Mahalo was an experiment at minimal cost to verify this a few months ago, but I appreciate you giving the information, as I'm sure it will help the next person who sees this thread with their decision to buy it.

Somebody please buy it!

-Booli

You are welcome Booli. That is another reason for the sale. I am finding soprano is a bit to small so I am keeping the custom sailor soprano I had made and selling off other ukes to finance a tenor Boat paddle (again :) ) I have to say though I keep getting tempted on the Koaloha soprano though! Ha!

Top Bottom