I owe katysax an apology

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I would like to publicly apologize for a post I made that personally disparaged the UU member katysax, as well as for a response to a PM I received from her. Neither were appropriate or in the nature of this forum. I am most upset that I have acted in a way that brings down the positive nature of this forum, which is something I treasure and just adds to my gratitude for everything I have learned here in the relatively short time I've been a member. My sincere apologies to katysax and anyone else I may have offended. As is often the case, I should have thought about what I was posting before I hit the fateful button. Lesson learned (it's unfortunate that lessons often have to be learned the hard way). :(

Apology accepted. PM sent. My feelings were not hurt, and you were not that out of line. Please be easier on yourself.

Stand up thing to do Guy. It was obviously eating at you, but few are "man" enough to do something about it. I had a similar experience a while back and sent a private apology to the person in question. I always try to post positive comments or no comment at all. There are many posts that irk me here from time to time, a few just a couple of days ago. But I have learned to wait it out and let cooler heads prevail before posting something that I may regret.

There are many negative comments posted on this forum, which are not always a bad thing, and some times even appropriate. It is the nature of dialogue. But I'm glad you had a chance to clear your conscience. Some people here appear not to have one.

As Dana Posted above, many would not acknowledge their faults nor post appoligies, You are certainly are a better and bigger man because of this, gives in to the old adage of bitng your tongue.
This is a forum where everyone should be equal to open discussion and everyone be able to give their opinions in a positive and polite manner, no matter if you disagree with previous statement made. I am glad you realized it, Pubically and priviately appoligized and shared your thoughs to bring awareness to all that UU is certainly the best forum around..

This forum is so much better behaved than the car forum I'm also on. Good work.

Wow! Someone around here posted some asinine remarks? And it wasn't me? Hell must be freezing and the Eagles getting back together.

Well, this is kinda nice for a change. I guess I better scram before I screw up and say something really stupid and ruin my new reputation! :cool:

Maybe I'll go over to the car forum and insult a few folks. VW owners are almost as easy to piss off as banjo players!

(Q: How many banjo players can you fit into a VW bug?
A: Both of them.)

I crack me up....

Top Bottom