Suggestions for non-wound Tenor Strings

yaboyAllen

Reaction score
Currently my C and low G strings are wound on my Pono tenor. I'd like to try out something different because I don't particularly like the strings- they aren't comfortable and have some buzzing and scratching occasionally. Looking for suggestions on brand and where to buy. Thanks!

Yeah, sticking with linear tuning I just don't want my top two strings to feel like a guitar anymore. I'll check those out. Thanks man.

Also Worth (clears and Browns), Fremont, and Orcas.

You can find Worths at Elderly and the others at Uke Republic. There are other retailers; these are just where I get mine and have gotten great service.

I just ordered a set of the Living Water Low-G Tenor strings from the UK, looking forward to trying them. I, too, prefer unwound strings.

I've yet to find a uke that doesn't sound good with Living Waters or Worths. Particular ukes might sound a little better (more to my liking at any rate) with other strings, but I almost always start with LW or Worths and go on from there.

Though if you're a soprano player I always recommend the Martin m500s first- they sound great and they're generally easier to find in retail stores than other fluorocarbons.

Top Bottom