Pineapple Martini

fretie

Reaction score
Got your attention, eh?!

Pineapple Martini is what I'm going to make to celebrate the arrival of my new KoAloha longneck Pineapple next week!

I thought its about time to finally post again here on the forum. I've been playing my two ukes for a few years now and continue to enjoy the fun I have at meetups and the challenges I work on while striving to develope some basic fingerstyle technique on my own at home.

I've been playing my low G Big Island tenor which I loved right from the start after Mim sent it to me. Given my pleasure with the BI tenor, shortly thereafter, I also got a BI concert. But, strangely, it just wasn't quite doing it for me like the tenor. The sound from the concert was clear but it seemed to lack fullness or volume, at least of the sort that I liked. Its all so personal isn't it?

So after trying for over a year, with various different brands of strings, to develope a closer relationship with the handsome uke, I just finally decided to switch gears and hunt down something more in keeping with my ear. KoAloha seemed to have the sound I was yearning for in a smaller uke...full and clear. But then again, that's what I think from my online research. I've never heard one up close and live. Once the new uke arrives next week, I'll know if its a keeper. And, if it is, there will be pineapple martinis all round!

Got your attention, eh?!

Pineapple Martini is what I'm going to make to celebrate the arrival of my new KoAloha longneck Pineapple next week!

I thought its about time to finally post again here on the forum. I've been playing my two ukes for a few years now and continue to enjoy the fun I have at meetups and the challenges I work on while striving to develope some basic fingerstyle technique on my own at home.

I've been playing my low G Big Island tenor which I loved right from the start after Mim sent it to me. Given my pleasure with the BI tenor, shortly thereafter, I also got a BI concert. But, strangely, it just wasn't quite doing it for me like the tenor. The sound from the concert was clear but it seemed to lack fullness or volume, at least of the sort that I liked. Its all so personal isn't it?

So after trying for over a year, with various different brands of strings, to develope a closer relationship with the handsome uke, I just finally decided to switch gears and hunt down something more in keeping with my ear. KoAloha seemed to have the sound I was yearning for in a smaller uke...full and clear. But then again, that's what I think from my online research. I've never heard one up close and live. Once the new uke arrives next week, I'll know if its a keeper. And, if it is, there will be pineapple martinis all round!

So what is the recipe? Spill it!
I hope it is better than a Bombay Sapphire Martini extra dirty.

ah, the recipe....
could involve some vodka and rum....
oh wait, this is the ukulele forum
not the bartender's corner...

back to the pineapple uke...

update as soon as it has arrived!

So I've been playing my new Koaloha longneck pineapple uke for about a month now. I purposely waited before I wrote this update because, of course, when one gets a new uke, right out of the box, it always is exciting and usually feels pretty much 100% positive. But what about later, when one has settled in with the new honey?

For me, with the new Koaloha, it certainly felt like love at first sight, and sound! The beautiful understated koa, the lovely pineapple design, the careful Koaloha construction and most impressive, the warm full tone of this ukulele lead to hours of strumming and fingerpicking.

I played the ukulele on the lanai on the Big Island where I was staying when the uke arrived. I played at a local meetup in Kona, under the gazebo roof with the breeze rustling the palms in the courtyard of the International Village. And I played in the nook of my condo in Vancouver while looking out at the sleet and freezing winter rains. And the romance just grew day by day with this sweet ukulele.

My impressions: LOVE! Love this uke. Thanks to Koaloha!

Top Bottom