New Gold Tone Banjo/Uke Video

Steve Bryant

Reaction score

An original song about televised shopping played on my new Gold Tone Banjo/Uke.

Last edited:
Great! is that the tenor sized banjo uke?

Hi Steve,

The GT website says it is tuned DGBE. How do you have it tuned? GCEA, yes? Thanks.

| Edit: I think that GT description at the website is inaccurate. The video says GCEA.

Last edited:
Good video! How do you like the banjo uke and where did you get it from?
Thanks

Really enjoying the banjo/uke. Tried a lot of them and really impressed with the Gold Tone. Excellent construction and really fine tone. To my ear it's the best balance for singing and playing between the instrument and voice. The action was terrific right out of the box. Bought it at The Strum Shop in Roseville, CA. Good people and a wonderful store. Over 500 members in their ukulele club. Just started an acoustic guitar club and it already has over 50 members. Both clubs meet at least once a month. Great community resource.

Yeah I really like the GoldTone banjo uke series even better than Gold Tone's more expensive banjolele series.
I bought the concert size because I thought the tenor had to be tuned DGBE or risk breaking strings. Apparently I was told wrong. I'd like to have that extra room on the fretboard but I still love my concert sized banjo uke. I also own a Goldtone 5 string banjo. They make good instruments IMO.

Top Bottom