Ordered a Koa Pili Koko Tenor to learn on.

beachkid

Reaction score
So this is my second post, yes I'm a newbe ive had a Kala 15s for a couple months now and im still interested enough to give this a try, I do pick up the soprano just almost every day and try the same cords that I've been practicing over and over.And it was time to move up to a larger fret board for I hope a little easier learning for my clumsy fingers,besides it sounded like a good excuse for me to tell the family that is what is needed.There all behind dear old dad trying to get all musical and stuff.After year's of sports and drumming and some string instrument purchases for them the plan worked and I got some Christmas cash HaHaHa!
So I've been LURKING everywhere even joined on here,did some investigating and made an order out for a Tenor from Jason at Koa Pili Koko.com beind shiped out Monday the 13th should have it by Thursday. I'll share more after I get my hands on it I'll try and do some pictures.As far as which style Tenor I decided on I'll let that show in the pictures.

You'll be happy with it. I ordered a KPK from Jason a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier. He will make sure your instrument is as good as it can be.

I love my KPK and I'm sure you will too. It is a very well made instrument with a beautiful tone.

Beachkid, check out Dr. Uke on youtube playing "Cry Me A River" on his cut away KPK tenor and his mom-in-law doing the vocals.

Another KPK fan h ere. You made a good choice for a starter.

Beachkid, check out Dr. Uke on youtube playing "Cry Me A River" on his cut away KPK tenor and his mom-in-law doing the vocals.
Yes I saw that video in my research on this KPK there's not many I've come across as far as videos or I m I just not looking in the right places? I think I seen/heard enough info and received enough feedback to be happy with it. Thanks Bill

Love my KPK concert..........great choice. good luck. Great uke.

Love my kpk tenor cutaway that I have owned now for about 10 months. I just strung her w/ some Worth brown and low G and boy does she sound sweet;)

Thanks for that is there any similarities between your Pono and your KPK..?
No, not really. The body of the of the KPK is much thinner than the Pono and the neck of the Pono is much thicker/fatter than that of the KPK. The Pono also has larger, taller frets than the KPK. They have different tones, but both are very nice. The fit and finish of the Pono is nicer, but it is a more expensive instrument and you would expect that.

That said, I love them both and enjoy playing them equally. I can't see every getting rid of either one of them.

KPK's have a very woody, almost Kamaka-like sound. My Pono's are both mahogany, so they don't really sound similar to the acacia KPK's at all.

Love my kpk tenor cutaway that I have owned now for about 10 months. I just strung her w/ some Worth brown and low G and boy does she sound sweet;)
Yep I gotta get some experience under me before I get to graduate to switching tones and all that, I really do like the low(g) tones so after awhile I just might have to pick up something else to do that with, but when I do I'll be inquiring to the more advanced like your self for string choices so thanks for the info.

No, not really. The body of the of the KPK is much thinner than the Pono and the neck of the Pono is much thicker/fatter than that of the KPK. The Pono also has larger, taller frets than the KPK. They have different tones, but both are very nice. The fit and finish of the Pono is nicer, but it is a more expensive instrument and you would expect that.

That said, I love them both and enjoy playing them equally. I can't see every getting rid of either one of them.
Thank you for that info I do appreciate it.

KPK's have a very woody, almost Kamaka-like sound. My Pono's are both mahogany, so they don't really sound similar to the acacia KPK's at all.
Yes thanks for that info it's hard to admit it but I do not even have my first solid uke in hand yet and I'm thinking about another (mabe I should learn how to play something first)???? So the reason I was asking about LifesShort's Pono was that there both solid acacia, I can see my next uke being made with mahogany for the tone that I like and probably having it with a Low (g) set up . I've allready been staring at the mahogany Pono's for sometime later to do that with possibly what do you think you have both? Thanks again.

Top Bottom