My Taimane Uke

finkdaddy

Reaction score
I have been given the great honor and opportunity of crafting an ukulele for the amazing Taimane Gardner! She saw some of my work online and asked me if I would be interested in making her a uke for an upcoming Kickstarter project that she's doing. Of course I jumped at the opportunity! Taimane is really a very sweet and humble person who truely appreciates her fans. It's refreshing to see that nowadays.

This is a tenor scale uke with a myrtle body and mahogany neck. The rosette was pieced together will bits of left over shell from other builds. It took forever, but I'm happy with the results.IMAG1066.jpgIMAG1067.jpgIMAG1068.jpgIMAG1069.jpgIMAG1070.jpg
Thanks again for all of the folks here in the Luthier's Lounge!

Fred. Congratulations. If it the tone is as nice as mine - she will love it. I took the one you made me to a local luthier friend of mine because I wanted to lower the action just a tad. He was full of admiration and commented several times on the gorgeous tone. The sustain is amazing and the tone is very bell-like. It really sounds great.

Sherry

I love the shape and hope to build something like that in the future. A dream is a matching uke / parlor set that are kind of peanut shaped :)

Amazing ukulele. It is very unique and good looking. Interesting that Taimane would seek out a ukulele from the Midwest. Luthier kudos to you.

What will become of Taimane's relationship with Kamaka, and the Casey Kamaka custom black ukulele that she receved in 2013? Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWga1iGkDo

seen and described at 55 sec above

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for all the kind words everyone, especially you, Sherry!

Oh, I'm not going to change Taimane's relationship with anyone.
This won't actually be her uke in the end. She is going to promote it, yes, but ultimately this is going to be offered as a reward for a Kickstarter project she is going to be doing to finance an upcoming album.
I'm just pleased as pie that she contacted me and that I'm able to make this connection.

Wow, thanks for all the kind words everyone, especially you, Sherry!

Oh, I'm not going to change Taimane's relationship with anyone.
This won't actually be her uke in the end. She is going to promote it, yes, but ultimately this is going to be offered as a reward for a Kickstarter project she is going to be doing to finance an upcoming album.
I'm just pleased as pie that she contacted me and that I'm able to make this connection.

Aaahhh... So you are just teasing us with it. Taunting us. Tantalizing us. Tempting us. (It's working)

I imagine one would have to chip in a hefty sum for this premium. Beautiful work! The stained-glass feel of the rosette is a winner

Top Bottom