Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Masters Series

jjsdad

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Masters Series? I found a couple of them on Amazon such as:

Jumpin Jim's Ukulele Masters : Lyle Ritz
Jumpin Jim's Ukulele Masters: Herb Ohta

I was thinking of getting them, but I'm afraid they might be too difficult for me. Anyone care to post a review for any of these books?

The hard stuff is good even if you can't do it. If you grow up playing football with your older brothers at home, the day you play with some kids your own age you'll really kick tail. For me the hard stuff raises the challenge bar higher and causes you to step your game up. Besides that, when you actually start to gain skill playing the stuff you hear in the lesson you feel great! Who the hell is amazed with themselves after learning to play Row Row Row Your Boat? Easy/Boring lessons cause plateaus in my opinion. Did you ever think you'd be able to play any of the songs in Aldrines's tutorials here at UU? I didn't.....

i had one of his books i lent it to my cuz but never got it back when i did have i thought it was real helpful if your to woried about it being to hard try to find one of his beginer books.

The hard stuff is good even if you can't do it. If you grow up playing football with your older brothers at home, the day you play with some kids your own age you'll really kick tail. For me the hard stuff raises the challenge bar higher and causes you to step your game up. Besides that, when you actually start to gain skill playing the stuff you hear in the lesson you feel great! Who the hell is amazed with themselves after learning to play Row Row Row Your Boat? Easy/Boring lessons cause plateaus in my opinion. Did you ever think you'd be able to play any of the songs in Aldrines's tutorials here at UU? I didn't.....

Thanks for the encouraging words... Does this book have tabs or standard lead sheet chords? Does it show where/how to fingerpick the songs?

Top Bottom