WTB Bruko Mahogany Baritone

mr79

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Bruko Mahogany Baritone, and was wondering if anyone in the UK (or Europe - no customs charges!) had one they were thinking of letting go? They haven't had one listed on the Bruko site for ages, and my ukulele-wanting feelers are twitching!

Cheers!

You can always do a custom order for your baritone ukulele. Fill out the form on the website with your specs. That is what I have done twice with no problems and a great price.

Agree. Bruko often has one or two baritones in the shop or near completion.

Jim's got the right idea -- there are often one or two available that are not listed on the site.

If it doesn't work out, I'm in the process of refinishing a hog Bruko bari. Given that it will be my third Bari, I could be tempted to part with it. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Excellent, thanks - I just assumed that if he had none on the site then he has none. I've emailed this morning, so I'll wait and see.

Thanks all, and Jim it was your youtube vids that finally swung me from 'maybe' to 'definitely' getting a Bruko baritone!

I love mine. My advice would be to go over to the German forum and post an advert there. Changes are you'll be offered a couple within a day or so.

In the meantime: check out my YouTube channel if you want to hear the Bruko Bari some more... ;)

Last edited:
I love mine. My advice would be to go over to the German forum and post an advert there. Changes are you'll be offered a couple within a day or so.

In the meantime: check out my YouTube channel if you want to hear the Bruko Bari some more... ;)

Hi we tigers - coincidentally, my wife and I spent quite a lot of last night watching your videos, as my wife wanted to know what the Bruko would be like - based on how nice you play yours she's buying me a custom Bruko baritone for my birthday! That is, if we ever hear back from them - if I've learnt one thing from this forum, it's to be very patient dealing with Bruko!

Your playing is lovely, and I hope my wife doesn't think that, just because I have a similar instrument, I'll be able to play anywhere near as well as you!

We liked your group 'we all stand together', which is the only thing I can play on piano.

Well, hopefully before too much longer I'll be able to post a Bruko baritone NUD thread of my own. I'm very excited, and I'm even going to order some low-D Living Water strings in advance...

Cheers all!

Well, I've just had a reply to my request, and I should have my own custom made baritone within 12 weeks... Oh, that seems a long time right now!

The price is good though, for an all solid mahogany hand-made instrument. I went for the Schaller tuners as they seem to have a good reputation, and the 3-piece neck...

12 weeks though... that's enough time to ending up wanting another ukulele just for in the meantime!

Sorry for the slow reply, I've had an internet break lately to focus on playing (because I have no willpower!). Anyway, no in the end I didn't go for it, decided to spend some more time with my concert and get better at playing rather than jump to another uke... although I am about to take delivery of a custom concert instead which fits my needs more, so it all worked out in the end!

Last edited:
Top Bottom