New Ukulele Day, yesterday.

gitarzan

Reaction score
I was strolling thu MGR last PM. Just strolling and playing guitars and ukes. Picked up a mic stand and a small music stand to put my iPad on.

So I went to the Ukulele section, and there was a beautiful Kala KA-SSTU-T Travel Tenor Ukulele.

I had been playing one at Sam Ash for two years now. They wanted $299! for it and I was not about to pay that price. But I played it and really like it everytime I wewnt in there.

So last night, there was one, marked down to $129, marked used, but in perfect condition in every way, even the strings were not stretched out yet. With a very nice softshell case. And I don;t care for softshell cases, but this one was nice.

The SSTU-T is quite loud, has a very pretty sound, not too nuanced, but a nice pure tone. This little uke fits me like a glove. I've a couple other tenors but none grabs me and shakes me like this one does.

It has an arched back, mahoghany neck, back and sides and a solid spruce top. Rosewood fingerboard. Not too sure about the tuners, strings are stretching, so maybe they are OK.

I'll be playing this one alot.

1557533_10202889126533690_744545716_n.jpg

Excellent find!

I'm going to have to check that place out myself. :D

I was going to pass on it, then I thought, "What am I doing? I'm going to kick myself forever if I walk away from this." So I grabbed it. I was surprised they had the OEM case. It's a tidy little softshell.

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity" - Seneca

Congrats! Glad you got one!

Congrats on a great find! Mine has become my "go to" uke for taking to meetups because even in its case, it's thin enough to fit into a tote bag with my music stand and other stuff.

The embroidery on the bag is a nice touch. I just wish they'd included a shoulder strap.

Congratulations! Lots of folks around here play that model, and they use them all the time!

Top Bottom