WTB: Martin Tenor

lono

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Interested in buying an older 14-fret Martin 1T and prefer one in excellent or better condition with no cracks or repairs. An original hard shell case is a plus.

Let me know if you have one you're willing to sell and your asking price.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a between 37 and 44 tenor in I woud say 9.7 % condition . They go e bay for 1500 to 1700 in this condition. No original case ! Sorry ! But it does have case. Thanks suburude ? Jim

suburude@comcast.net

there's a nice one on Flea Market music marketplace now. only 1 pic though :confused: not mine, just a heads up. 12 fret though. Sent you a PM

Last edited:
14 Fret to the body Martin Tenors were made after 1960. Prior to that they made only 12. Braddah Iz can be seen playing his in a lot of the videos of him on the tube.

It seemed like it was popular even in Hawaii years ago. Probably before any known higher end ukes were being made.

Remember Martins were around before the 30's. So they had a name and a reputation.

Good luck, with your search I see them come up, but you'll see more 12 fret ones.

Definitely finding more 12-fret than 14. I guess I shouldn't have sold the one I had years ago.

12 fret, older tenors are fetching premium prices because twelve frets is all most players--other than Jake--really need. They are vintage mahogany goodness, generally circa 1940s. They are worth seeking, as lono is doing, bc they sound impeccable and retain value. Best of luck with the search. It's a good search, a worthy search. I think, personal opinion, that a vintage Martin tenor (esp pre-1950) is worth the price compared to a new Martin tenor (circa 2013) in value retention and in overall sound.

Last edited:
I'm considering one but the condition isn't as good as I'd like. Any 14-fret 1Ts out there in excellent or better condition? Thanks

I'm still looking for one. I had a couple of responses but it appears there was a change of heart. Please let me know if you have one for sale.

Top Bottom