Uke CD Recommendations

brimmer

Reaction score
Its been awhile since there has been a thread on uke CDs. I would like to suggest a few that have been in frequent rotation on my playlist. Maybe I can get some recommendations from others.

Gordon Mark has three great solo uke CDs, available in MP3 at a famous online app and music store. Very laid back and refined.

Bryan Yasui's CD Analoha is out of print but available used online. Varied repertoire, played with amazing technique.

Benny Chong's duet album with Yasui on bass is an exellent jazz uke CD. Got it from mele.com

I have many, many Ohta-san albums, and I love them all. Right now, Ukulele Sweetheart is a favorite.

Last, a great album from the 50s: John Kameaaloha Almeida's Strum Your Ukulele. Its available in MP3 at bargain price from Cord International or from an online store named after a river.

Enjoy!

I just downloaded Aldrine's Bandito Tyler ​album and really enjoy it.

Hi brimmer when driving around I usually rotate between Jake and John King, last week I got Taimane Gardners lets dance which I am enjoying, I have also ordered a Brittni Paiva cd four strings/the fire within.

Great suggestions. I love John King's CDs. I appreciate the tips, I'll check them out...

I just discovered that Lyle Ritz's two 1950's jazz uke albums, How About Uke and 50th State Jazz, are now available as a single CD:

http://www.freshsoundrecords.com/lyle_ritz_plays_jazz_ukulele_2_lps_on_1_cd-cd-5969.html

For anyone with the slightest interest in ukulele jazz, I'd say that this disc is a must, and a bargain. Ritz was unquestionably a pioneer in adapting post-bop jazz to the uke. I admire him particularly for his skill with chord voicings on the instrument, as well as for the beautiful tone he coaxed from his Gibson tenor on these two albums. Furthermore, 50th State Jazz is the only album of his that I know of where he got to show off his arranging chops with a slightly larger than usual ensemble comprising a few horn players plus rhythm section.

Also the (probably) newest uke CD. The just release album from Corey Fujimoto. Excellent album!

hey guys here is some shameless self promotion. I got my first ukulele record out.
You can check it here: https://gasparpozzi.bandcamp.com/

It is free to download! :)

Top Bottom