FS: Barron River Ancient Sitka and Honduras Rosewood Baritone with MiSi Pickup

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello all,

Selling my Barron River baritone uke. It's got a pretty unique sitka spruce top that was carbon dated to 2850 years old. There are amazing pics of it on the Barron River site, here, and then lots of pics of Allen building it here.

In addition to the ancient sitka top, it has honduras rosewood back and sides and figured jarrah bindings. You can see from the photos the beautiful art deco touches in the rosette and the tuners. It includes the hard case, which is a flat topped Rockwood case. I've got it strung with Southcoast medium gauge smooth wound in B-flat, and it sounds great. The spruce and the rosewood are a classic match for a reason! Very easy to play. Just a solid instrument. I'm selling because I'm cutting back from 3 to 2 acoustic baritones and could use the funds.

One important thing to note: there is what I *think* is a small crack in the lower bout. It looks worse in the photo than it is, and I'm not even sure it's a crack, but just want to make sure to disclose fully. I noticed it after the weather had changed, but I haven't noticed any chance since. It's been in the case with an oasis humidifier at all times I'm not playing it. The price takes this into account. Other than this, there are the typical cosmetic light strum marks and one mark on the headstock from a string change. It's in excellent condition overall.

Price is $1200 shipped to the CONUS (it was over $2000 shipped from Australia when i purchased it). Payment by paypal only (I cover the paypal fees). No trades.

Thanks!IMG_1497.jpgIMG_1506.jpgIMG_1501.jpgIMG_1499.jpgIMG_1498.jpg

Last edited:
That is the prettiest bari I've ever seen. Love those art deco touches, and that ancient spruce is to die for. All I can say is it better sell before I get my tax return, or I'll be in deep s** with the wife! Good luck with your sale.

I agree Alle makes some of the nicest ukes...wow maybe Markie will jump on this Baritone.. :)

Final Price Drop

Thanks all, I totally agree with everything said!

Dropping the price to $1200 shipped to spur someone to take advantage of this. This is the final price drop before I take it to that auction site.

Thanks!

I agree Alle makes some of the nicest ukes...wow maybe Markie will jump on this Baritone.. :)

LOL. I wish I could. I'm going to be paying for my CR baritones for months, but if I had the money, I'd take a shot at this one in a heartbeat. It lotoks amazing!

Any chance you have a sound sample ?

Any chance you have a sound sample ?

Unfortunately, I just don't have the setup for a decent sound sample. I tried once and it was a disaster. I can tell you that I own and have several very nice ukes (Collings, Compass Rose, Koaloha, Mya Moe, William King, for example) and sounds and plays right up there with the best of those.

Top Bottom