James Hill needs our Patronage

ukuloonie

Reaction score
I got an email today and James Hill is recording a new CD
and needs our help with the expense,
He has Signed CD's etc.
so I thought I would let UU know
here is the link to his site where we can help.
CLICK HERE

Thank you so much for spreading the word about this. I wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted it. The way I see it, we're all in this together, and if we don't support fellow artists and musicians, we won't have any.

Anything for James Hill, He's an awesome Ukulele player and a cool guy,
He came to a Ukulele meeting we had in Calgary a year back
He's really Friendly and doesn't mind talking to anybody.

Still waiting for a James Hill Tab Book including Ode To A Frozen Boot. I think he could earn a lot of money.

Maybe someone should suggest?

Anyways, thanks for Posting, I gonna support him.

Cheers,
Linho

It's gonna be siiiiiick!!! Can't wait for my copy to come.

I signed up! I felt like I kinda had to, given how much I resembled him when I was in my early 20s.

attachment.php

I wonder if he will do some singing this time
thanks for supporting James every bit helps.

I recently got to sit about 6 feet from James and his wife as they performed in a little uke shop in Jeonju, South Korea. He's a great entertainer and teacher, and a genuine gentleman. I'll definitely be supporting this album!
:cool:

I'll be signing up and supporting James for sure, I am a huge fan. Big time talent wrapped up in a genuine guy !

Ride 'em cowboy! Enjoy the Pony Ride James. I know I'll enjoy the new recording.

James is a stand-up guy. Glad to support him in this effort.

I too am going for a Pony Ride!!

Just a little more hype:

It's amazing to see all the places he's played and the reviews he's getting. I know him from the Kahumoku 'Ohana Workshop where he's so unassuming, humble, and normal. But he's running it. Soon enough he'll start to get a fairer share of the glory that Jake has owned for many years.

Wow. There is a lot of hate floating around on that thread (makes me appreciate UU a lot more). It's one thing to disagree with his crowd sourcing method, but to fill 3 pages with mud-slinging is really sad and out-of-control. I'm disappointed there is a corner of the 'ukulele community that would engage in such negativity. To each his own. We all have our likes and dislikes, but there is no need to bash an artist in such a blatant way. What goes around...

Yup all I care about is that I have seen the guy. He's genuine enough and he's been around long enough to gain the respect of many a Ukulele player. Thats why I think he needs the support anything helps really and he's Canadian so I am a little biased:D

Wow. There is a lot of hate floating around on that thread (makes me appreciate UU a lot more). It's one thing to disagree with his crowd sourcing method, but to fill 3 pages with mud-slinging is really sad and out-of-control. I'm disappointed there is a corner of the 'ukulele community that would engage in such negativity. To each his own. We all have our likes and dislikes, but there is no need to bash an artist in such a blatant way. What goes around...

I signed into the other forum just to check it out. You're certainly correct, there is not a lot of Aloha spirit floating around there. Don't understand all the haters , I am more than happy to support James, not only is he a super talent and a nice guy but he gives a lot back as well.

I don't visit Ukulele Cosmos anymore. I haven't for a very long time. It just wasn't active enough at that time, and it looks like the attitude is very different there.
It is not easy being a musician/ songwriter/ artist these days, and crowd funding is a good way to keep our talented ukulele people from dropping out and doing something else to pay the bills. We all gotta live, and creating an album is not without expenses. James is a great artist and teacher and he is very worthy of our support. He is probably my favorite ukulele artist...so I just signed on for the Pony Ride support. I was part of the crowd funding for his previous album, and I was very happy with the results.
–Lori

James started me playing ukulele a few years back at a summer camp.
He taught a week long swing class, I dropped a few of the other classes so I could concentrate and practice for his class.
He spent sometime with me away from class with some private lessons as well.
He was gracious and humble. I have seen him grow as a performer over the years and with it all he has remained the same nice guy.
I had the honor to play with him on stage at the first West Coast Ukulele Retreat, it was an experience that I will never forget.
James is a wonderful ambassador for the ukulele. His love of music goes beyond ukulele. He inspires kids to play music, something many schools are dropping.
I consider myself lucky to have met and spend some time with James. I encourage all UU'rs to at least pre-order the CD, you can count on it being some great music.

After reading this thread I signed up for a Pony Ride. I love ponies and I love his music.

Top Bottom