Where Fine Art Meets Fine Craftsmanship

Kevdog

Reaction score
John S. Kinnard has teamed up with an up and coming young artist by the name of Lily Cain to produce a series of five original art pieces called the Mermaid Series. This is the first of five works of "playable" art that will have different wood combinations and scenes incorporating the mermaid theme.

This first collaboration is called, "Siren of the Sea" and uses Brazilian Lacewood with a Sitka Spruce soundboard.

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_3746.jpg
    IMG_3746.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Awesome ! Piece !

It's very pretty, very unique, but I'd be afraid to play it!

Beautiful. Really beautiful.

Very beautiful! I must admit, I did buy a hand painted Tiki King Fluke and really love it, but only bring it out at home!

That is beautiful Kevin. Fantastic detail. Lily is very talented. I am curious, were these commissioned or are they going to be for sale?

You can totally play it!

We went through months of testing with paints and varnish's to see that you can still play it and have it sound beautiful. It's an instrument first and art second. Best of both worlds

We went through months of testing with paints and varnish's to see that you can still play it and have it sound beautiful. It's an instrument first and art second. Best of both worlds

Beautiful work Lily and welcome to the UU. Do you play?

John S. Kinnard has teamed up with an up and coming young artist by the name of Lily Cain to produce a series of five original art pieces called the Mermaid Series. This is the first of five works of "playable" art that will have different wood combinations and scenes incorporating the mermaid theme.

This first collaboration is called, "Siren of the Sea" and uses Brazillian Lacewood with a Sitka Spruce soundboard.

Kevin,

Stunning...

Any pix available of the uke in progress??

You going to the Reno Ukefest in April?

Hi Fred-

Yes we'll be in Reno and this uke will be on display-

Here are some pics during the work in progress-

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpg
    IMG_4217.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4227.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4222.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4256.jpg
    IMG_4256.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 22
And I was worried about posting John with no shirt on! :eek:

Seriously though, that is a beautiful uke, including the lacewood.

That is amazingly done! You guys have really out done yourselves.

Top Bottom