just tested fender ukes!

ukulelemotion

Reaction score
i felt like a child waiting to open presents as my local guy brought out three fender ukes for me. they were beautiful. a laminate mahogony, koa laminate, and solid mahogony with pick up. all have a great sound. very big but not too deep. great resonation and nice tone. the only problem was that the original ghs strings it comes with were not knotted properly on all 3 ukes. they pulled right off the bridge while i tried to tune it. also a side note... picked up it sounds decent but the A string is just a little quieter. overall, not bad for the first wave of fender ukes. a big name coming to our world. i think it could stand a chance . cant wait to see how the next waves sound. would i buy it. yes. i'd the koa laminate if it was picked up. so i will wait for it. i plan to buy it for my brother (thenewguy)'s bday. haha. if he wants it. if not i will buy it for myself. haha. my friend alex just bought the koa laminate as i am typing this on my fone here in the store. they list price for $300 but sell here at guitar showcase in san jose,ca for $199. oh yah thats a deal. 3090 S. Bascom Ave. San Jose, CA. 95124 and ask for kelly. he da man! i go through him for all my uke needs here in san jose.

Thanks for the review. I was thinking about checking it out myself. How did the solid mahogany fair out? Compared to other ukes~ which is the closest one to a particular brand? Thanks in advance!

I been meaning to make time to go check those out. If I found a deal, I'd cave. No doubt.

a big name coming to our world.

Thanks for the review, I was interested in what Fender had to offer, but A big name coming to our world? 2 out of 3 models laminates I really think it is more about the $$ than the ukulele community. I think our world has some pretty big names as it stands, I welcome anyone to join but I am a little sceptical about Big names that have been around for years suddenly reaching out to a market that has been there for many years.

Again thanks for the review, I am sure they are fine ukes.

Thanks for the review!

I wonder if they will eventually offer an A/E version? Or do they already?

Yep, the top of the line has a pickup in it. It is solid mahogany.

I am seriously considering buying one of those after seeing that video Deach linked to. It sounds great, and the traditional Fender headstock really makes a big statement.

I'm still kind of new here, and I'm really looking for a tenor ukulele.
I must confess that I am quite tempted to buy a fender ukulele (the solid-wood with pick-up) But are there better alternatives in the same price range?
thanks a lot

Top Bottom