FYI: Seems new Martin uke prices are increasing behind the scenes!

PeteyHoudini

Reaction score
listed price and going prices on the C1K haven't changed that I can see...:-(

Yeah, they've been saying they'd be going up for awhile now.

If you're still interested Petey, we just got our Martin IZ Tenor uke in, not sure if you found one yet or not :)

Thanks Aaron... it's just now I have a new neighbor in my apartment building who doesn't appreciate my uke playing and singing! Right now... it's like that old war movie, "Run Silent, Run Deep." hehe

Petey

Just dropped by the Martin site tonight by accident (while working on my new web site) and it seems the company's suggested retail prices have moved up a substantial notch on many of their ukes! No idea what that means.

http://www.martinguitar.com/index.p...layout=category&task=category&id=63&Itemid=22

Petey

the ukes popularity has grown even more the last few years, the economy is in the toilet
prob a good time to just increase prices and make up for inflation. Especially now with obama care
and all kinds of BS thats going on in the USA.

Thanks Aaron... it's just now I have a new neighbor in my apartment building who doesn't appreciate my uke playing and singing! Right now... it's like that old war movie, "Run Silent, Run Deep." hehe

Petey

The best way to win him over is to just play louder :D He'll learn to love it. And besides, you were there first right? :)

I could scan in his rather polite note, but he did bang on the wall the last time I played on a Saturday afternoon. Sounds like the old song, "Bang Three Times on the Ceiling if You Hate Ukes!" hehe I stopped playing at night in my living room. I'll try again this weekend.

I've been using my Risa "silent" soprano stick lately.

Petey

the ukes popularity has grown even more the last few years, the economy is in the toilet
prob a good time to just increase prices and make up for inflation. Especially now with obama care
and all kinds of BS thats going on in the USA.

I think the political comment about the ACA was a little uncalled for.

I went is a high end uke store here in waikiki and was sticker shocked at martin's prices...maybe it was the store's pricing but still, some had a satin finish and they wanted so much....

Petey

Petey,
I'm real sorry to hear that. Watching videos on your YouTube has really inspired me to play more, and has been one of the main reasons why I switched to sopranos. Right now I have the exact opposite issue with my wife. For years, she would complain every time I play the guitar or bass, and would relegate me to playing in the basement or the opposite side of the house. But she has not once complained about the ukulele, even when playing in the same room as her.

Last edited:
Petey,
I'm real sorry to hear that. Watching videos on your YouTube has really inspired me to play more, and has been one of the main reasons why I switched to sopranos. Right now I have the exact opposite issue with my wife. For years, she would complain every time I play the guitar or bass, and would relegate me to playing in the basement or the opposite side of the house. But she has not once complained about the ukulele, even when playing in the same room as her.
Thanks. I still have about 20 songs to record and make videos and this event kind of put sticks in my spokes. I kept a low profile last weekend and watched the first two seasons of "Person of Interest" on Blu-ray to avoid thinking about it. However, I'll be back.

Petey

There is a Martin 2K for sale at Bernunzio's right now. They're running a special for $895 (one week, only -- use the code I provided at the bottom of my post). It's been gently used, they say. I posted the link in the Links and Videos section.

Peter, your new neighbor is being a tad unreasonable (unless he works nights and sleeps days, in which case he should allow you to play all night).

One solution: take up the accordion.

Aside: Sounds like you have some tunes lined up. Should we call the "recording studio" that we had considered to record your CD this springtime? hehe

Peter, your new neighbor is being a tad unreasonable (unless he works nights and sleeps days, in which case he should allow you to play all night).

One solution: take up the accordion.

Aside: Sounds like you have some tunes lined up. Should we call the "recording studio" that we had considered to record your CD this springtime? hehe

Hi Steve!

Long time no talk! hehe My new neighbor has no right to stop me from singing and playing before 10 pm any night. I know the city's bylaws, but I prefer to be respectful to my neighbors and not play/sing at night since he studies and works all day and is tired when he comes home. However, I didn't like how he banged on the wall on a Saturday at 1 pm when I hadn't played at night for two weeks. That's when I lose respect for someone, especially when I gave up so much for him. All of this stress has made me not practice and I've been sticking instead to the boudoir of the grape! Chardonnay nights! hihi

As for the folly of envisioning a spring time ukulele recording in Michigan while engulfed in this frigid "polar vortex" up here in Canada and elsewhere... I need to meditate on it for a bit. I've recently read a lot about the trouble of bringing expensive instruments across the US/Canada border. It's getting worse. Luckily, you already have a 3 cherry and I would use that for all of my recordings, but "Night Under the Stars" requires a Martin koa tenor or possible Hawaiian substitute. I would say this project should be more near the end of summer. We'll see. I'm not saying no. I love the idea! I would only agree to it with you being there!

Good grief... I haven't even made a video yet of "Paris in the 20s." Damn, that song is really great! I don't mind bragging about my own stuff at times! LOL hehe

cheerio!

Petey

Petey, that is truly unreasonable of the neighbor to bang at 1pm in the afternoon. I wish I was there with you...we'd either play a loud duet, or we'd give him a fat lip (his choice).

Certainly, you could play any of the instruments on my list below. I do not own a koa tenor Martin for "Night...", that is true (although I do have a tenor 'hog Martin which is pretty sounding).

I hear you, my friend, about polar vortex and pushing any recording to summer's end/autumn. Just know that we are not that far from one another, friend, and time recording in MI, plying the wares at Martin in Pennsylvania, etc., is something that we will do at one time. I stared into the bottom of my Mai Tai and read the ice cubes: They say Petey is a GO!

Indeed, Paris in the 20's is a damned fantastic song. It swings! It's so percussive, it's sick! Do record, do record.

Chin up, vortex and neighbors can suck hind tit, springtime is around the corner.

Hi Steve!

Long time no talk! hehe My new neighbor has no right to stop me from singing and playing before 10 pm any night. I know the city's bylaws, but I prefer to be respectful to my neighbors and not play/sing at night since he studies and works all day and is tired when he comes home. However, I didn't like how he banged on the wall on a Saturday at 1 pm when I hadn't played at night for two weeks. That's when I lose respect for someone, especially when I gave up so much for him. All of this stress has made me not practice and I've been sticking instead to the boudoir of the grape! Chardonnay nights! hihi

As for the folly of envisioning a spring time ukulele recording in Michigan while engulfed in this frigid "polar vortex" up here in Canada and elsewhere... I need to meditate on it for a bit. I've recently read a lot about the trouble of bringing expensive instruments across the US/Canada border. It's getting worse. Luckily, you already have a 3 cherry and I would use that for all of my recordings, but "Night Under the Stars" requires a Martin koa tenor or possible Hawaiian substitute. I would say this project should be more near the end of summer. We'll see. I'm not saying no. I love the idea! I would only agree to it with you being there!

Good grief... I haven't even made a video yet of "Paris in the 20s." Damn, that song is really great! I don't mind bragging about my own stuff at times! LOL hehe

cheerio!

Petey

Indeed, Paris in the 20's is a damned fantastic song. It swings! It's so percussive, it's sick! Do record, do record.

Thanks for the moral support, Steve!

I just recorded my latest video Miss You Eve at my friend's house and it worked out great. The secret is to use the Zoom H2n audio recorder and replace the Sony video's audio. I'm getting ready to record "Paris in the '20s" at her place next weekend for sure! You'll finally be able to hear the whole song! No, I don't have shots of Paris in the '20s but the song lyrics will carry it. I've been practicing it this weekend at my place. It really will be recorded next weekend in full but I will edit it back at my place over a couple of evenings.

I have no idea how I came up with the percussive nature of that song. The song just seemed to tell me what to do. I don't set out to write a song like that.

I'm also working on my RISA stick review. Almost done! It took forever to arrange and learn "La Habanera" from Carmen. hehe

cheerio!

Petey

I wonder why people blame Obamacare for all the country's problems? It's like blaming the devil for all your ailments and issues....geez....get a life!
I think that the new uke prices going up will increase the prices of the vintage ukes, what do you all think?

Top Bottom