FS: G-String Concert Ukulele w/ tweed hard-shell case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big B

Reaction score
G-String Concert Ukulele - $450

Built in Hawaii, this solid koa concert ukulele (15.5 inch scale) has a mahogany neck, rosewood bridge, rosewood fingerboard, glossy/thin nitro finish, and friction tuners. MOP fret board markers at the 5, 7, & 10 frets with a white side-marker at the 7th fret. 14 frets to the body (19 frets total). Currently strung with Worth Medium fluorocarbon strings. Included is a tweed hard-shell case with plush interior. This uke has a few minor cosmetic dings & scratches but is in perfect playing condition. Cosmetically, it’s in very nice, but used condition. Great playing and sounding ukulele. Lightweight and loud with a warm sound and nice sustain. Purchased from UU’er Doc_J in September of 2013. With Doc J's permission, here is a link to his original ad w/ sound clip and additional pics.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?85474-GString-Koa-Concert-tweed-hard-case&highlight=gstring

So why am I selling? I simply found that I prefer concert scale ukes that join the body at the 12th fret. It seems like such an insignificant thing and I had no idea that I cared when I purchased it. But, after a short amount of playing it became evident that I like to be a little more “folded up” when playing concert ukes. I love the sound and projection of this uke so I really tried to bond with it for a few months. Since taking ownership, I kept this uke in its case in my office at work, pulling it out for 10 to 15 minutes at a time a couple of times a week. An hour long lunchtime jam session with a guitar playing friend at work convinced me that I love the sound but really dislike the slight difference in playing position. After deciding this one wasn’t going to work, I found myself jumping on the wait list for a new Pono solid-body electric. So…

Asking $450 shipped and paypal’d in the US. Not entertaining trades on this one. Thanks for looking!

Bryan

Last edited:
*D-Mace, I received your PM. However, I can't respond...your Inbox is full and rejecting new messages. Thanks

More pics...

Sending you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom