Vintage Kelii Cocert Uke

suburude

Reaction score
50s or 60s Kelii concert koa uke . No cracks ! In good condition a few nicks but has
some checking or crazing ! Great vintage tone ! Come with a hard Tweed case .
$350 + ship and Pay Pal questions ? I am selling because I am getting a Mya Moe Concert Fed x tomorrow ! subueude@comcast.net
132.jpg124.jpg121.jpg116.jpg128.jpg

Last edited:
BTW this uke was made in HI in 50s or 60s ! It still has the Kelii 50s phone number in the sound hole :)

now why would you sell this?

How did you date this uke? I didn't know Kelii has been around that long...can't find any history on the web.
Any chance of a video or sound sample?

How did you date this uke? I didn't know Kelii has been around that long...can't find any history on the web.

I'm curious too. Maybe it's a different "Kelii" than the one in operation today? Maybe it's not that old? There's a lot of mystery surrounding this brand. I own a Kelii koa concert myself, and I love the uke, but I don't know much about the manufacturer.

I read something awhile ago when I got this they where a HI company based in Honolulu . Thats all I know . the sticker in side give a phone number and Honolulu HI.
If anyone knows more about this Co. please let us know ? !
BTW I bout it from a vintage guitar shop a year or so ago. The guy who sold it to me said about 50 -60s vintage.

I'm curious too. Maybe it's a different "Kelii" than the one in operation today? Maybe it's not that old? There's a lot of mystery surrounding this brand. I own a Kelii koa concert myself, and I love the uke, but I don't know much about the manufacturer.

Did you buy this Kelii new ?? Please let me know ! The headstock on this older. ?? Thanks

I was told by the owner of the Vintage guitar shop when I bought it was 50s or 60s vintage and it was made in HI. Check out the sticker in the sound hole .

Anyone knowing anything about this Vintage uke please let us know !!! Thanks Jim

This uke is Old ! The checking leads me to believe it vintage . I ave owned many vintage Gibson and Martin guitars in the past the nitro finish is the first clue !
Kelii (pronounced "Kay-Li-Ee" I have also goggled the web searching . I have sent out some e mails looking . I f I find info I will post it !!

I know nothing about the uke brand, but based on my history-geek knowledge, I'm going to guess it's more likely to be 1970s. Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that Hawaii used 6-digit phone numbers well into the 1960s - a few online sources seem to back this up.

A suggestion: try contacting a librarian at University of Hawaii Manoa to ask if they have access to old city directories that have reverse directories, and if they do, they can try looking that phone number up and seeing who it belonged to. (I have no idea if Hawaii's old city directories had the reverse option - here in Los Angeles they did, and I've done some "detective work" this way in the past.)

Last edited:
I know nothing about the uke brand, but based on my history-geek knowledge, I'm going to guess it's more likely to be 1970s. Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that Hawaii used 6-digit phone numbers well into the 1960s - a few online sources seem to back this up.

A suggestion: try contacting a librarian at University of Hawaii Manoa to ask if they have access to old city directories that have reverse directories, and if they do, they can try looking that phone number up and seeing who it belonged to. (I have no idea if Hawaii's old city directories had the reverse option - here in Los Angeles they did, and I've done some "detective work" this way in the past.)
Thank you very much for the info ! You could be right on the 70s thing ! The bridge is nothing like the newer Kelii s BTW . I think I will post a pic of the bridge !
Again thanks a lot !!! Jim

The warrior logo on the headstock (which is what Kelii means in Hawaiian) is clearly the same as that of more recent ukes of this brand name.

Hi all I just talked to this guy below and he went the this page and said this in not the new Kelii ukes he saw the bridge and said this looks older !!
This is a mystery !!! I am standing by my Vintage Kelii concert uke it may be a 70s or a 60s. It is a sweet uke . Again any more info appreciated !
It is also still for sale :)

Aloha,
Andrew
http://theukulelesite.com
Store (808)622-8000
Cell (808)781-9168

I have looked and looked ???? The phone number in the sound hole is 7 digit number not used since the 60s ??? Its is vintage even the guy from
http://theukulelesite.com Andrew said it looked old not like new Keliis ???? Jim

Top Bottom