FS: New Soprano Pine Wood Ukulele by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new soprano size one-of-a-kind uke made of well seasoned Western White Pine for the body. I was working on some other projects and saw this board, well quartered and clear, and decided to experiment with making a soprano uke for the fun of it. It is very light in weight and has quite a lovely sound with plenty of volume and sustain. The neck is wormy Mango wood and is reinforced with a graphite truss rod. The fingerboard and bridge are maple. There are 13 frets to the body, 15 total. Playing scale is 13 3/4 inches, nut width is 1 3/8". The rosette is b/w/b/w/b wood rings. Black fret dots with side dots. Bone nut and saddle. Grover brand friction tuners with cream-colored plastic knobs. Stings are Worth brand BM. Low easy playing action with accurate intonation. The finish is gloss nitro lacquer hand rubbed to a smooth satin look. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukuleles. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$300

Attachments

• Pine uke 2014-1-16a.jpg
    Pine uke 2014-1-16a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Pine uke 2014-1-16b.jpg
    Pine uke 2014-1-16b.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Pine uke 2014-1-16c.jpg
    Pine uke 2014-1-16c.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Not that I need another ukelele but I am jealous of whoever snagged this one. Nice looking little guy from a well respected builder for a great price.

I second the comment above. Although I've never tried a black bear spruce, I've been extremely impressed with the black bear koa sopranos. Definitely on my wish list.

Top Bottom