NUD!!! Finally! And with a bonus!!

Preacher

Reaction score
After several weeks of impatiently waiting, I finally got to visit Nashville, Indiana! And guess what I came home with--

IMG_3752.jpg

Welcome to the family my new Mainland Mahogany Glossy Tenor!

IMG_3769.jpg

I spent a LONG time trying to decide between the different woods, glossy or matte, slotted headstock--so many choices. And Mike and Tookta were AMAZING!!! So very patient with me and helpful. After I changed my mind for the fourth time (Cedar or Mahogany), I asked if there was one that was ready to go TODAY! Tookta took the Mahogany and said the frets needed to be smoothed down a bit, but that would only take a few minutes. And off she went with it.

While she did that, Mike and I talked about ukes, the weather, my Kamaka, chickens, coyotes, my 6 children ("Wow! 6?"), strings, and Ukulele Underground ("It's such a great community!"). He looked at my Kamaka and gave me some advice on keeping it healthy. Then I asked him if he might have a "cheap, tough uke, one my kids could learn on." And he dug around and pulled out this:

IMG_3763.jpg

That's right, I got a Gecko! (And at a great deal, too!)

All in all, it was a wonderful experience. And I got an awesome ukulele. Here's Old Man Kamaka meeting the new younger big brother.

IMG_3784.jpg

This is a gorgeous looking and sweet sounding instrument.

IMG_3778.jpg

My fingers are already sore from playing it so much since I got home. Thanks to Mike & Tookta for providing me with a great time and a great ukulele!

(Sorry this got so long. I talk a lot when I get excited!)

Sounds like a great day!

It's always great when you get 2 new ukes...especially when it's from Mike and Tookta!

Your sale wouldn't have been complete if Mike didn't give you one of his big bear hugs.

Your sale wouldn't have been complete if Mike didn't give you one of his big bear hugs.

Yes indeed! That was how we concluded our business dealings. I am so glad I got to actually visit his store in person. All the great things I'd heard on here about Mike and Tookta are true.

Congratulations! I've been enjoying my Mainland mahogany concert (slotted headstock) for 2 and a half years now. I bought it directly from Mainland Mike, but I didn't get the bear hug because I bought it online.

Congratulations! I love my Mainland tenor. Now I'm jealous that I didn't go to Indiana and buy it in person. :) sounds like such a fun experience!

Not that I need another uke but every time I go into the NC Ukulele academy I check to see if they have a mainland tenor. Thankfully (for the owner) Thye go out the door about as fast as they hit the floor. I think I too would like to visit the shop and hand pick one! Congrats! It sounded fun!

Congratulations, I remember your waiting! Painful, no? :eek:

Old Man Kamaka... Priceless! LOL

I had 2 Mainlands for about 2 minutes each. A Gecko and a Chili, then had to give them up, as the original plan was that they were gifts! I still get to play one occasionally, and I'm amazed how the little thing stays in tune! As for customer service, totally agree, Mike and Tookta are great!

Thanks for sharing, and keep enjoying these!

Congratulations! Nashville is a really cool town, I use to live there.....I miss it!

Congrats!! Mainland is next on my list. Just one more uke and I will be satisfied.

Top Bottom