William King A3 Long Scale Tenor with MiSi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
I have decided to sell my William King A3 long scale tenor in order to continue to raise funds for my son's college bills. It is serial #076. I was hoping that he would be a lefty with a great curve ball and a 95 mph fastball which would have enabled him to get a free ride to college somewhere, but unfortunately he has too many of my genes for that to have happened. The ironic part is that my son's name is Will King. Selling a William King to help out William King.

This is a difficult one to part with. William King no longer builds instruments and this already has become a collectible. And it is one of the best sounding ukes that I own. Excellent tone and volume with great sustain. But I don't reach for it enough because of the 19" scale to justify keeping it over some of my other ukes. So it has come time to bid thee adieu.

It is beautiful. Curly Claro Walnut with curly maple binding and a Swiss Spruce top. Here are the specs:

One piece curly Claro Walnut back and sides
Swiss Spruce top
Curly maple binding
BWB top purfling, black side purfling
Abalone rosette
Ebony fretboard, head plate, scalloped heel cap, and bridge
Ebony/Abalone bridge pins
Spanish cedar neck
Misi pickup
Oahu hardshell case

It is strung with Savarez Alliance strings, but they are due for a change. It is in excellent condition with no dents or dings. It does have minor surface scratches from the play that it has had. I have included a sound sample, but this is only the second sample that I have recorded and have yet to figure out how to get the bugs out and get a nice clear recording. I apologize in advance, the sound is not great.

Price: $1650.00. USPS Express overnight shipping in the Continental US is included. Paypal please.

https://soundcloud.com/dkcrown/william-king-longscale-tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom