Big Muddy Mandolin - Tuned gCEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
I have a Big Muddy mandolin which is pretty cool. It is a flat top and pretty thin. I've tuned it low G C high E and A. So, if you're tired of being not heard in an acoustic band setting, here is an option for you to play with. It is loud. And if you want to get that mandolin sound without learning new chord shapes, here's your opportunity to try it out. Asking $250 plus shipping. PM me here or email me

Walnut back and sides. A little discoloration on the walnut but I think that is how it is aging.

dprovines@provines.net

one.JPGtwo.JPGthree.JPGfour.JPGfive.JPG

Comes with gig bag as shown.... The neck is thinner than a soprano uke so it is kind of hard to get your fingers in there but it is cool.

six.JPGseven.JPGeight.JPG

I have several mandolins which are strung as ukuleles. Some have four strings, some are doubled or octaved. Putting the thumb as though one is putting a thumbtack in the center line of the back of the neck. gets the whole hand further over so the fingers are standing up over the strings, rather than slopping in from the side and muting another string. It makes a thin fretboard a friend rather than a foe.

For this who miss out on this one, Andy Poe (Poe Strings) makes a "Mandoquin" which can be tuned like a mandolin, banjo or uke. His craftsmanship is impeccable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom