Nice deal on premium cleaning cloth.

mikelz777

Reaction score
The link below is a nice deal on a Fender Premium Plush Microfiber cleaning/polishing cloth, $6.53 with free shipping. They usually go for $8-$10 before shipping is added so it ends up at about half the cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Acce...103?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2ecc125127

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way, I just happened to be in the market for the product. This is a "Buy It Now" listing, (more than 10 available as of posting) not an auction.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal.

Personally I just use a piece of cotton flannel, actually a piece cut from the leg of an old pair of pyjamas.

Sounds like a good deal.

Personally I just use a piece of cotton flannel, actually a piece cut from the leg of an old pair of pyjamas.

Me too. I cut up an old flannel bed sheet, past it's useful life as a sheet. Also have some micro fiber cleaning towels for autos, 15 for under $10.

Personally, I just use one of my old Church socks, the ones that are Holy. That way, I can stick my hand in and get right to the crux of the matter when I polish.

I saw the microfiber cloths at the dollar store. They seemed awfully rough so I passed on them. I have a flannel for my 1st uke which has a satin finish. I wanted something a bit more plush for a gloss finish.

"Micro fiber" cloths come in all manner of softness. I have some that are downright scratchy. The original MF materials were really micro in the sense that the weave was fine. Some of the crap that is being hawked as MF these days could double as finishing sandpaper. I, too, would use old socks (perferably clean) before using the cheap MF cloths on any instrument.

The Fender cloth mentioned in the OP looks very plush, but the fibers are very fine. Big difference between this cloth and the cheaper larger fiber MF stuff. Think I"ll order one since I am out of clean socks.

Addendum: Just got back from eBay. Bought three of 'em.

Last edited:
The microfiber cloths I saw at the Dollar Store felt like they were designed to slough off dead skin, they were pretty rough.

I'm glad to see that someone saw fit to take advantage of the deal and save themselves some $$. I think they'll make a nice addition to the uke case and from the sound of it, a lot of the posters here probably think/thought I was wasting my money. I have a little Christmas money so I'm making a few small splurges.

Last edited:
I found out Cordoba would send me one for free if I just did a review of my uke on any website. Like them on facebook too and I got a dozen picks too, not that I use them myself.

Thanks for sharing

I found out Cordoba would send me one for free if I just did a review of my uke on any website. Like them on facebook too and I got a dozen picks too, not that I use them myself.

Me too. My cloth and picks should arrive this week.

It is kind of hard to find and I suspect one way you would see it is during registration of your uke. Check out this link, page 5 says:

http://cordobaguitars.com/uploads/documents/cordoba-warranty-book.pdf

LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE POLISHING CLOTH
OR STRINGS
Review your new Córdoba instrument online and receive a free polishing
cloth or set of strings! For more details and to redeem your free gift, visit
Cordobaguitars.com/gift

Also, I read somewhere else that if you also LIKE them on facebook and send them a screen shot of that (to their support email address) then they send you both the picks and the polishing cloth, which is what I got. It does work I just did this in the last 2 weeks. I do suspect that it is only for those who register their uke and there maybe some time limit to do that as well.

My polishing cloth and 12-pack of picks just arrived. I appreciate the picks because I also play guitar. Here's how it all went down: I registered my new Cordoba uke on their site, they immediately sent an email saying that if I reviewed my uke on a site that sells Cordoba products and also showed proof that I "liked" them on facebook, then they would send me the free goods. So that's what I did. My uke is a cheapie, so it's nice to get some freebies.

Top Bottom