Uke trough

deach

Reaction score
A few people have inquired about my uke holder that they've seen in my videos. It's a an old aquarium stand lined with carpet. I'll probably add dividers to keep the ukes from bumping against each other. I work from from home so it's very convenient to have a choice of ukes at an arm's length away.

353072823.jpg

353072838.jpg

353072868.jpg

Very cool solution! Better than having a bunch of cases lying around on the tea table. The fluffy carpet is very telling of your personality, if I may permit myself a quick-and-dirty psychoanalysis. Fluffy on the outside, but when people undress you they can see right through. You are a very righteous person and many on UU carry with them a soft-pink fuzzy feeling in their heart, just for you.

P.S. I admire the way you kept the waist-high fridge with cold beer out of the frame in all your pictures.

Treasure trove of ukes, thats really awesome idea. toddler proof. What works, works. Nice didgeridoo.

Looks like a crib for multiple babies! Cool idea. :D I may have to try something like that, because there are 2-4 ukes on my couch at any given time and I don't have any vertical walls in my room from which to hang stuff. D:

....P.S. I admire the way you kept the waist-high fridge with cold beer out of the frame in all your pictures.
See the amp? It's really a hollowed-out shell of an amp. If you move the screen there's a tap to my favorite beer - Genny Lite!

Put a humidifier in it!!
Then it would smell like wet carpet. I rarely have my ukes in their cases so I really don't see this as any different than if they were sitting on a table or hung on a wall.

i'd ask if the carpets match the drapes, but i think we all know the answer to that one already.

great idea deach! keep those puppies safe.
LOL. mmmmmmmPuppies.

Very cool! I like seeing some your nifty instrument collection. But I have more questions. Is that a didgeridoo? And where do you keep your hats/wigs/etc?

It is a didgeridoo. A gift from the famous Aboriginie RussBussMate. The wigs are kept in the wig trough.

Last edited:
A few people have inquired about my uke holder that they've seen in my videos. It's a an old aquarium stand lined with carpet. I'll probably add dividers to keep the ukes from bumping against each other. I work from from home so it's very convenient to have a choice of ukes at an arm's length away.

353072838.jpg

Dude, THAT's where you would put the Pineapple Sunday??? The Pineapple Sunday demands a more "exclusive" resting place...;)

Dude, THAT's where you would put the Pineapple Sunday??? The Pineapple Sunday demands a more "exclusive" resting place...;)

LOL. At least it wouldn't be lonely.

can i have one? :rolleyes: haha. always wondered what that wuz!

Just curious why you don't use wall hangers? I'd be really afraid of the ukuleles banging together in that box. Especially with my one year old running around.

Just curious why you don't use wall hangers? I'd be really afraid of the ukuleles banging together in that box. Especially with my one year old running around.

No wall space. I'm not too worried that they will bang together. Besides the soprano, they fit snugly. You can shake the box and the ukes stay still. I think they are actually safer in the box than hanging on a wall.

I envy the fish that used to live in there.... sushi for the uke?

I envy the fish that used to live in there.... sushi for the uke?

It was actually a baby bearded dragon's home. He's in a much larger enclosure now.

It was actually a baby bearded dragon's home. He's in a much larger enclosure now.

oh man.. my freshman year in highschool we had a bearded dragon in my health class and the teacher was feeding it one day and like took a HUGEEEEE friggen chunk out of her forearm... INSANE!!! keep your children away!

oh man.. my freshman year in highschool we had a bearded dragon in my health class and the teacher was feeding it one day and like took a HUGEEEEE friggen chunk out of her forearm... INSANE!!! keep your children away!

lol. I have 2 of them. They are quite docile. My kids, even my 3 year old daughter, handle them all the time.

Top Bottom