Luna Solid Koa Concert Ukulele

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
While looking on their site at their new Weissenborn guitars, I came across their Sold Koa A/E Concert uke. Anyone play one of these? Opinions?

I have found all the Lunas I've played to be quite variable. Sometimes you get a nice one, others have been rubbish.

Of course, I have no idea whether the solid Koa is made by the same factory and the same specifications as the other ones, but it's probably an idea to try it out before you buy it.

as chris said, I have a Luna pineapple tattoo and quite honestly its rubbish, I bought it when I didn't know any different, I had to do extensive work on the nut and saddle to make it sound anywhere near how a uke should sound and it now resides in my car as a beater, be cautious!!

You do tend to get a mixed bag with Luna.

I got one of their little tribal ukuleles back when the music store first started selling them, and it's always sounded off.
I've had the same problem with most of the Luna guitars I've heard, they just don't sound nice at all. Maybe my ears are the problem but they really grate on me.

I have the Luna solid koa concert, and it is a nice little uke, comparable to Kala and other good quality budget ukes. Don't expect it to replace your K-brand, it's not at that level; but if you go in with reasonable expectations, it's a nice uke at a fair price. I have not had issues with intonation or setup, but any factory uke will usually need some level of setup before it gets into your hands.

Top Bottom