PDA

View Full Version : Mya Moe Myrtle Tradition Tenor

Ipcmlr
01-20-2014, 06:15 AM
Just met up with good_uke_boy this weekend.
And now I'm thinking of getting a blackbird clara. :D

Selling this to partially finance a clara.

The good:
Sounds like a mya moe myrtle, looks good, feels good.
No scratches or wear.
Comes with the excellent original Mya moe hardshell case.
A newer build Sept 2012. Serial 819.
http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=819
3 week old strings (southcoast linear set low tension)

The bad:
Some bellying and dishing. (will take pics later of this). Intonation is still spot on though.

The excellent:
Eventhough I'm not the original owner Gordon of mya moe said the dishing isn't a big deal and they have not had any problems with an instrument that had the dishing/bellying and they will repair/replace it in case intonation goes off or it collapses on itself. Pretty sure that they will guarantee this for the new owner as they seem to be fanatical about customer service.

$825 shipped.

SpaasStrummer
01-20-2014, 04:58 PM
How much is the bellying/ dishing? Do you how long it has been like this? Assume you changed the strings because of this, were there any kind of high tension strings on previously? can reply to thread or pm me

Ipcmlr
01-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Dont know how long it has been this way.
I got it dished already but it sounded good and had excellent intonation so i still got it.
Original owner never changed the original strings which had a a bit of a high tension to them. Nothing excessive.
Here are the pics i sent the mya moe folks. It looks worse in the pics than it really is. I was shining a light thru the back so the gap would be clearly seen.631766317763176

katysax
01-21-2014, 04:09 AM
Norman Blake used to say that any guitar with no dishing wasn't worth anything. My Koaloha soprano that I've had since 1998 has a bit of dishing and it is the best sounding soprano I've got.

coolkayaker1
01-21-2014, 04:43 AM
That's a sweet price on a lovely instrument. The basic tenor tradition, I think, goes for about $1150, plus $40 shipping (thereabouts). as Gordon always said, including on his videos: the Traditions sound every bit the same as the Classics (I have two Traditions... I know).

This is a steal price.

Ipcmlr
01-21-2014, 05:01 AM
That's a sweet price on a lovely instrument. The basic tenor tradition, I think, goes for about $1150, plus $40 shipping (thereabouts). as Gordon always said, including on his videos: the Traditions sound every bit the same as the Classics (I have two Traditions... I know).

This is a steal price.

No takers so not enough of a steal I guess.

So price drop to $825! Wooo!

coolkayaker1
01-21-2014, 05:05 AM
$825!! That's almost four hundred clams (and one year wait) off!

Doc_J
01-21-2014, 05:08 AM
No takers so not enough of a steal I guess.

So price drop to $825! Wooo!

That's a crazy good price.

That kind of slight dip in front of the saddle is not unusual in lightly build instruments with no top radius.
With light build/bracing I bet it sounds great.

People are still paying off the holidays and awaiting tax refunds. Toughest time of the year for spare $.
This is the best deal on a Mya-Moe tenor that I can remember.

Cornfield
01-21-2014, 05:24 AM
I should not, but it looks interesting. PM sent

Ipcmlr
01-21-2014, 05:48 AM
Sold to Mr.Sargent for a great price!

Cornfield
01-21-2014, 05:53 AM
Thank you. I have been rotating out of soprano and concerts and going into Tenor and Baritones. I have wanted a regular Mya-Moe uke for awhile. (I bought one of their lap steels for my wife but that doesn't get played.)