Ever Search Ukulele on YouTube

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Hi Phil,
I search everything on YouTube! I was able to replace my Jeep's ignition lock and switch after watching a 10 minute video a few months ago, and saved a fortune.

There are a lot of excellent ukelele videos on YouTube, and my wife and I enjoy watching those more than silly TV shows. I play classical guitar, and got into the YouTube thing for that several years ago. Jake Shimabukuro is a hit on YouTube, along with several other noteworthy players. While most of the tutorials are fine, I'm not thrilled with the lack of musical literacy. Too many of the tutorials fail to mention notes by name, saying instead, "Put your pointer finger on the 2nd fret of the top string", etc. It would seem that most playing is done on the first five frets, so learning the notes on a four-stringed instrument shouldn't be too difficult.

Yes, I do. It was useful to check over finalizing Pinewood Derby wheel alignment just recently!

I very much used to float around YouTube looking at music videos. Sometimes like a DJ, focusing on one decade or another, or kind of music. The advent of commercials all over ended this enjoyable practice.

Most tutorials are difficult to follow and poorly produced. Some videos are curious: why make a music video if you can't produce good sound?

Been using Youtube for years. Whether it's for ukulele or West Coast Swing lessons, I capture the Youtube video with www.keepvid.com and then import the video into iMovie to be able to adjust the speed or zoom in to a specific area. Makes it very easy to see strum patterns, fretwork or footwork.

Like FrankB, I replaced a power window master switch. Mechanic wanted to charge me $120 for labor. I did it in five minutes with only a screwdriver.

Been using Youtube for years. Whether it's for ukulele or West Coast Swing lessons, I capture the Youtube video with www.keepvid.com and then import the video into iMovie to be able to adjust the speed or zoom in to a specific area. Makes it very easy to see strum patterns, fretwork or ...

That's really cool. I've never heard of that before. Thanks!

I just picked up my first uke after Christmas. Youtube has been 90% of my learning so far. One of my favorite people to learn from there is Ukulenny. Great tutorials from that guy! I like that I can play one part of the song over and over until I pick up what I am doing wrong. The good tutorials have the video and the accompanying tab and lyrics. This video is the one that hooked me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZz2qlKeAJk

I can play the song, but I still can not sing it at the same time I am playing. Practice, practice, practice!

All the time, though most frequently I search a song title I have on my mind and then type 'ukulele'. I even like terrible renditions of songs that interest me (sometimes especially those) - I once stumbled across a young devout christian lass who played and sang a remarkable version of '25 or 6 to 4' on acoustic guitar, supplying the various horn sounds and wah-wahs vocally. In another lifetime I might have laughed at the roughness and amateurish nature of it, but I now get what she was doing - within the limits of her skill - especially since she was more skillful with her rough guitar than I am with my rough ukulele (and now that I know what happens to resolve when the little video light comes on. gulp) It's my absolute favorite version of that song ever. Youtube is bursting with little surprises and treasures like that.

Got some time on your hands? If you haven't searched Ukulele on YouTube, give it a try. I don't know why I never tried it before.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/ukulele/pages-named

Last edited:
Been using Youtube for years. Whether it's for ukulele or West Coast Swing lessons, I capture the Youtube video with www.keepvid.com and then import the video into iMovie to be able to adjust the speed or zoom in to a specific area. Makes it very easy to see strum patterns, fretwork or footwork.

Like FrankB, I replaced a power window master switch. Mechanic wanted to charge me $120 for labor. I did it in five minutes with only a screwdriver.

Another wat tot store youtubevids locally is tot change the video URL from www.youtube tot www.ssyoutube. Adding those two s's brings you to a site with multiple options to download the vid to your hd.

Last edited:
I watch movies on YouTube. Search CHUCK NORRIS FULL MOVIE on YouTube and watch Chuck Norris movies. Search HAWAII CONCERT on YouTube and watch Hawai'i music concerts. My young son in law replaced the screen on his iPad using YouTube instructions. Ric

Yes, been doing this for several years. I learned to play from YouTube (some of the first videos that I studied were from HMS). YouTube is a great source of music and an incredible time waster all wrapped into one! :)

What's been amusing about this thread is counting the number of people who have responded to the thread title (ukulele searches on YouTube) instead of, and apparently without even reading, the actual first post, which makes it clear that the OP meant Facebook, not YouTube. This thread is actually an interesting social psychology experiment. :)

Last edited:
What's been amusibng about this thread is counting the number of people who have responded to the thread title (ukulele searches on YouTube) instead of, and apparently without even reading, the actual first post, which makes it clear that the OP meant Facebook, not YouTube. This thread is actually an interesting social psychology experiment. :)

Ha ha I was wondering how long it would be before anybody pointed that out :)

Well, whatever the original misstated intent, the thread seems to be about Youtube now!
Facebook doesn't have a place-setting at my table. Ever. YMMV

Yeah, sometimes getting old is embarrassing. These kinds of mistakes becoming unfortunately more common.

Actually, there are lots of ukulele related groups, clubs, musicians, uke dealers, and other uke related sites on Facebook that might easily be overlooked by other search engines.

Last edited:
What's been amusing about this thread is counting the number of people who have responded to the thread title (ukulele searches on YouTube) instead of, and apparently without even reading, the actual first post, which makes it clear that the OP meant Facebook, not YouTube. This thread is actually an interesting social psychology experiment. :)

To be fair, the responses were made prior to the first post being corrected.

Now I think I'm going to search YouTube for Facebook......

Top Bottom